Russia, Ukraine

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Why is it that it's only ever Russia that feels sufficiently 'threatened' to justify attacking its neighbours?

I think there are other nations around the globe who have disorderly relations with their neighbours.  Maybe if Pakistan didn't have nukes, India would be a bit more heavy handed in Kashmir (or vice versa).

You could also ask why other nations feel sufficiently threatened to justify attacking countries in far away parts of the world (which would surely make them less threatening).  

Edited by Gonzo79

16 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

See comments about Monroe doctrine and Cuban missile crisis.

That should help you, uh, adjust your view of the facts.

eh ......... no it didn't.

Anything else you'd like to be obscure about?

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You could also ask why other nations feel sufficiently threatened to justify attacking countries in far away parts of the world (which would surely make them less threatening).  

I guess there's a point in there somewhere but you seem to have joined the tendency for obliqueness. Which other nations, which far away countries, which attacks. There really isn't anything wrong with being specific.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

eh ......... no it didn't.

Anything else you'd like to be obscure about?

Yes.

Following directly on from your comment I would repeat this question.

America is the empire of truth or the empire of something else?

Emoji Think GIF

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Yes.

Following directly on from your comment I would repeat this question.

America is the empire of truth or the empire of something else?

Emoji Think GIF

You seem quite obsessed with America. Why is that?

19 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Anyone else think some posts in this thread are best read in a Russian accent? 🤔

Hard to tell. The accent is entirely obscured by the smell of Russian shit.

3 hours ago, compo said:

The wife paid £1.40 for a can of Heinz soup yesterday she said she could buy a pack of four for £3.50 six weeks ago .

Then I listen to Boris being asked about the cost of living rises and had to listen to him waffle on about the skirmish in Ukraine causing most of the rises it’s time to go woolly Heid and get a proper conservative in charge 

Yes Kraft/Heinz are taking the piss. One reason Tesco kicked off about Heinz ketchup and it isnt available at the moment. We now have a soup maker (not expensive) and can have enough for 4 servings for as little as £2 per mix.