Russia, Ukraine

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Have you mistaken buster for somebody else? I think he’s generally on your side in this topic.

That bit was more or less a general remark aimed at "Westerners" as such, not buster. I eddited the respective part.

(NB: Dunno the affection people harbour for the KGB or FSB, I`d take the Stasi all day long! 😝 )

@stewart

When you promote the sort of propaganda-riddled sources that you criticise the West/MSM for, I'm not shooting the messenger, nor am I preaching; I'm calling out hypocrisy.

Go and double-check the meaning of "propaganda".  Maybe it is totally different ion Britain (though not what I have seen from BBC World or SKY News) than it is here, MSM is a pure anti-Russian propaganda show true to the very core of the meaning of the word. In fact, we hardly get any "propaganda" from Russia as nigh all news outlets or websites (which were hardly watched by millions of people anyway per day) with a pro-Russian or at least unbiased tone have been censored out of TV, youtube, and the internet. In a "free democratic, rules based country like Germany. While on the other hand, some things that happen in Donezk are just left out. Maybe you can tell me what happened in Donezk city centre on 4th August at noon-time?

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That bit was more or less a general remark aimed at "Westerners" as such, not buster. I eddited the respective part.

(NB: Dunno the affection people harbour for the KGB or FSB, I`d take the Stasi all day long! 😝 )

@stewart

Go and double-check the meaning of "propaganda".  Maybe it is totally different ion Britain (though not what I have seen from BBC World or SKY News) than it is here, MSM is a pure anti-Russian propaganda show true to the very core of the meaning of the word. In fact, we hardly get any "propaganda" from Russia as nigh all news outlets or websites (which were hardly watched by millions of people anyway per day) with a pro-Russian or at least unbiased tone have been censored out of TV, youtube, and the internet. In a "free democratic, rules based country like Germany. While on the other hand, some things that happen in Donezk are just left out. Maybe you can tell me what happened in Donezk city centre on 4th August at noon-time?

Now who's preaching?  

Whether I know or otherwise about what happened yesterday in Donetsk doesn't prove anything.  I was busy last night and don't monitor daily events.

I can however search and find what you are referring to.   I think I said earlier in the thread that things are going to get uglier before we get to any sort of resolution. 

I need to head out so editing my further thought that I was planning to follow up with... Its a deplorable act, for sure, but do we know who did it?

Edited by stewarty

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Maybe you can tell me what happened in Donezk city centre on 4th August at noon-time?

You are wasting your time.

It's not possible to provide a report, on such events, that he would consider credible.

I keep returning to the same thought. Why would anyone make such a concerted effort, over such a long period, to defend Russia on a football forum? This seems a bizarre platform for Kremlin apologists. 

Is Gersnet playing a secret role in geopolitics that I've failed to appreciated?

Vladimir Putin GIF by xponentialdesign

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You are wasting your time.

It's not possible to provide a report, on such events, that he would consider credible.

Not true.  Though in fairness, I take nothing you say at face value given your track record of snide obfuscation.

If reports are accurate the Russian forces are gearing up for a push into the south of Ukraine again this is the skirmish of disinformation but if you believe it the Ukrainians have taken heavy casualties these past couple of weeks.

17 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I’m just waiting for Germany to have a cold dark winter which they struggle though, chuck NATO and run to the arms of mother Russia and their sweet sweet fossil fuels. 

Then the games really begin. 

They have only just left those arms and sweet fossil fuels, i think stubborness will kick in, though if it dosen't and they do, then it may spell the end for the EU project. So one can hope.