Russia, Ukraine

12 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Not quite my reading.  Bill’s response was to point at the silliness of the tweet as it was out of context and bore no relation to an argument being made.  

His response was to me suggesting I had been dreaming after asking me Who?

It could have been "who?"... were the CIA I had mentioned (somewhat challenging to get names)

...or....

"who?" wrt to the person who posted tweet  (in which case he could find out who tweeted this by going back a few posts).

The response was nothing to do with "the silliness of the tweet"

Edited by buster.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

His response was to me suggesting I had been dreaming after asking me Who?

It could have been "who?"... were the CIA I had mentioned (somewhat challenging to get names)

...or....

"who?" wrt to the person who posted tweet  (in which case he could find out who tweeted this by going back a few posts).

The response was nothing to do with "the silliness of the tweet"

The "who" seemed to me as referring to the individual/group/mob that allegedly would have (a couple of months ago) shouted down the tweeter for suggesting special forces are operating in Ukraine.  

15 minutes ago, stewarty said:

The "who" seemed to me as referring to the individual/group/mob that allegedly would have (a couple of months ago) shouted down the tweeter for suggesting special forces are operating in Ukraine.  

Someone wanting to know that should ask tweeter. I don't have a Twitter account and can't research Twitter timelines.

I was simply pointing out a misinterpretation of the tweet but sharing the view that the CIA had been in the Ukraine for some time.

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Someone wanting to know that should ask tweeter.

The quoted tweet was followed up with:

"The point he makes is so simple that it should cause great distress."

When it fact it was a point that nobody with any sense would have thought otherwise, let alone was it likely to cause any distress.  its a point that nobody on Gersnet was making and it was a point also that was so laden with snide condescension that it got the type of responses it deserved.  There are a number of similar exchanges in this thread alone.

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

The quoted tweet was followed up with:

"The point he makes is so simple that it should cause great distress."

When it fact it was a point that nobody with any sense would have thought otherwise, let alone was it likely to cause any distress.  its a point that nobody on Gersnet was making and it was a point also that was so laden with snide condescension that it got the type of responses it deserved.  There are a number of similar exchanges in this thread alone.

There are all kinds of posting styles on here.

Snide, Pompous, Condescending, Petty.... are some of the negative ones.

People tend to notice more when they are in the opposite side of the argument/debate.

😄

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Neither am I.

Forlan misinterpreted a tweet and Bill was more interested in a sarcastic line to me than looking up the post I had responded to.

I didn't misinterpret anything merely made a reference to the first casualty of a "special military operation" being the truth. Tracey is a well known Putin apologist though he denies being one but hey don't they all?