Russia, Ukraine

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Shopping centres, you say...

Dawn Of The Dead Zombies GIF by Maudit

It's a complete reversal of previous Russian war policy. Normally the Ivans loot first and bomb later.

9 hours ago, forlanssister said:

I didn't misinterpret anything merely made a reference to the first casualty of a "special military operation" being the truth. Tracey is a well known Putin apologist though he denies being one but hey don't they all?

Forlan

The CIA are in Ukraine wow he'll be revealing to us that they're in Russia too next, the buggers!

It's taken him what 8 years to realise there's been NATO personel in Ukraine?

How can we possibly manage without such insight?

Of course not ! 😄 you just ignored the actual point the tweet was making.

The point you were making (Tracey is slow to catch on / offers very little insight) had little to no relevance to the tweet in question (Tracey wasn't revealing info or offering insight. He was pointing to a dismissive reaction if you suspected what apparently the NYT now confirms).

38 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Ach just let wee Vlad sail on unencumbered.  What harm could he do?

Who can say?

I'd love to help but I'm too busy trying to figure out if the sanctions are a good idea or a bad idea.

I'd like to think that Dom is wrong. It would be terrible to learn, one day in the future, that the sanctions damaged us while aiding Russia. It would be even worse to learn that the politicians knew and persevered anyway for short term political gains.

7 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Who can say?

I'd love to help but I'm too busy trying to figure out if the sanctions are a good idea or a bad idea.

I'd like to think that Dom is wrong. It would be terrible to learn, one day in the future, that the sanctions damaged us while aiding Russia. It would be even worse to learn that the politicians knew and persevered anyway for short term political gains.

It would be terrible to learn that your obfuscation blinds you to the obvious.  But we did.  Ages ago.