Do As I Say, Not As I Do

1 minute ago, ChelseaBoy said:

My money is on Cummings leaking to certain members of the press who in turn got the Labour party interested. 

My bet would be on the centre-right wing of the Conservative Party, who must know that Johnson can't be allowed to continue much longer, although it's entirely reasonable that Cummings is in the mix somewhere. I find it hard to believe that words haven't already been whispered in Johnson's ear that his successor is waiting impatiently in the wings.

23 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't buy the simplicity that this storm in a teacup just fortuitously emerged after a year of dormancy. Someone clearly planned this crisis and for a reason. It's beyond credibility to think it was the cerebral deficit known as the Labour Party, soho in Conservative ranks is manipulating public opinion and for what purpose?

As for the "public", they will dutifully swallow whatever is set in front of them but the chances of them seeing what they're swallowing are very slim.

They will like sheep. 

The last figures i saw on the Spectator where that Covid was taking up less than 5% of hospital beds and that nobody had died of OmniCON in SA let alone the UK and of those few that are actually in hospital in SA with it 13 out of the 15 were unvaccinated, and the other two had other serious conditions as well as Covid. Unless this position changes dramatically here or elsewhere, the only reason for the extra conditions will be to "protect the NHS" again, which is completely crazy if you think about it. 

With an 80 seat majority Boris had the perfect opportunity once he saw how the NHS were managing Covid to set up a root and branch review of the entire operation before we end up sinking more of the GDP into it. 

The NHS, much like climate change and 'diversity and inclusion', is like a religion to many.

Even reasoned questioning is forbidden. 

Boris Johnson being ousted would be good for Scottish Unionism.  He's too easy a bogeyman, Eton type, Tory for our dimwitted compatriots.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

My bet would be on the centre-right wing of the Conservative Party, who must know that Johnson can't be allowed to continue much longer, although it's entirely reasonable that Cummings is in the mix somewhere. I find it hard to believe that words haven't already been whispered in Johnson's ear that his successor is waiting impatiently in the wings.

Quite possible, though as i look at the Conservative benches i'm not sure who that might be?  Liz Truss or Sunak, surely Gove and Raab are busted flushes?

A strong leader who won't hesitate grind out the odious Scottish nationalists one who is prepared to put the boot into EU and one to deal with this immigration nonsense once and for all they could start by simply returning everyone of them back to their country of birth no fannying about 

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Quite possible, though as i look at the Conservative benches i'm not sure who that might be?  Liz Truss or Sunak, surely Gove and Raab are busted flushes?

I'm guessing the people who run the Conservative Party tend not to sit on benches in Parliament.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm guessing the people who run the Conservative Party tend not to sit on benches in Parliament.

Yes, but they will need a parliamentarian to take the office after Boris, i'm not sure anyone stands out as a leader? I do lilke Penny Mourdant though ;) 

25 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Yes, but they will need a parliamentarian to take the office after Boris, i'm not sure anyone stands out as a leader? I do like Penny Mourdant though ;) 

It will have to be someone they think can win public approval in the face of incessant media criticism. I suggest Rabb, Gove, Javid, Sharma and Patel are too tainted by recent months. Sunak and Truss will be front runners but don't discount Mogg or a return for Johnsons old sparring partner Jeremy Hunt. Whoever replaces Johnson will have to take the cabinet a few paces to the right. Penny Mordaunt's star has yet to rise but she could easily contest the leadership in future.

Edited by Bill