• Calvin Bassey
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

Felt Morelos, Aribo and Kent were the pick of the bunch and really provided a constant threat for the first hour or so at least.

Morelos in particular was very good, his link up play was on point and only some dithering when put clean through in the first half spoilt an otherwise excellent show.  Still good enough to get my vote though with a goal and an assist!

It’s great to see so many players transformed, long may it last. Morelos looks much improved, his assist for Kent was impressive where he would maybe have just had a pot shot at goal in the past. 

I don't worry about losing players. 

If we do it means they are playing well, and that we would get a good return on them. 

The DoF will have a list of ready replacements already drafted and scouted, so they'll move for those replacements if/when players leave. 

I'm like a broken record, but selling players is what we have to do if we want to be financially sustainable.  

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm like a broken record, but selling players is what we have to do if we want to be financially sustainable.  

And we aren’t in the situation we were in a month ago with Gerrard where our assets were depreciating at an alarming rate. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

And we aren’t in the situation we were in a month ago with Gerrard where our assets were depreciating at an alarming rate. 

When we're doing poorly, most think 'no one's going to buy these donkeys; Just punt them!'

When we're doing well, most are saying 'Oh--we can't lose this player; he's too good'.  

I'm in the middle: I never think players lose as much value as it seems after poor runs of form; and I don't think players are too good to be sold. 

I'm quite comfortable that our DoF will keep a level head -- although I do think we've missed certain opportunities to sell in the recent past (e.g. Morelos).