[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

57 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

After watching the difference that Wright made on the right I can't understand why we are asking Hagi to play there.

I've never understood why hes played in that position.   Hes far from effective.  Woukd rather see him in a central role for which I think hes better suited.

52 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I thought the whole game had a strange feel to it today. I wasn't in my normal seat and was in Govan Front but felt the crowd were on the teams back from around 10th minute. 

Crowd seemed nervous and that appeared to filter into the performance on the pitch. 

1st half we had a decent penalty shout when Kent was tripped in box, then their keeper made a great save from an Alfie header.

We did up the pace in 2nd half and made some half chances and thankfully the assistant flagged for the handball as i dont think self confessed Celtic fan Alan Muir was giving it of his own back.

As said above, 3 points on the board and let's move on to next week. 

Hate to sound like a broken record but watching thousands of fans leave well before the final whistle, must be disheartening for the players. Especially when the game is on a knife edge.

23 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hate to sound like a broken record but watching thousands of fans leave well before the final whistle, must be disheartening for the players. Especially when the game is on a knife edge.

It took 10mins for the fans to get on the players backs, especially Goldson, Hagi and Lundstram. It seems we are back to the need to have whipping boys. That, and as you say leaving in droves well before the final whistle, it's an utter disgrace. 

For once it wasn't the Subway Loyal as I stayed to final whistle and when I walked past the Subway the queue wasn't even past the chippy. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It took 10mins for the fans to get on the players backs, especially Goldson, Hagi and Lundstram. It seems we are back to the need to have whipping boys. That, and as you say leaving in droves well before the final whistle, it's an utter disgrace. 

For once it wasn't the Subway Loyal as I stayed to final whistle and when I walked past the Subway the queue wasn't even past the chippy. 

Cammy were you sitting near me :D I started getting on Goldsons back early. Had his usual slack pass then was pretty solid the rest of the game 

If our professional football players are upset by people leaving early then they’re really not very professional at all.

I’ve never understood all the fretting over people leaving before full time. The only ones who see this as an issue are the anally retentive amongst us who think everyone else should be like them. 
Angry Will Ferrell GIF

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Obviously the early leavers had got their subway train therefore little queue.

Why would you leave early when the game isn't decided?

Folk care more about getting a pint than supporting the team.  That's the crux of it.

Having said that, I agree with Bill that the players should be able to do their job regardless.