[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think GvB wants Hagi's creativity to break down stubborn defences.

But then, that was a stubborn defence and it didn't work. (I thought Hagi was poor all-round, though, to be honest.) 

Against Hearts, where we would be expected to be more defensive ourselves, Hagi was dropped for the pace of Sakala on the break.  

So, I understand why he's played there, but I agree, it didn't work.

Hagi is also quite liable to get pushed off the ball and he also gives the ball away 'often', which could be quite dangerous if he's played centrally. Then again he would have more passing options if played centrally...

I don't know what my point is; I'm just rambling. No--My point is maybe it's 'horses for courses'. However, Hagi has been poor recently, so we'll be criticising him wherever he's playing. 

Hagi's first touch was terrible yesterday. The ball just wasn't sticking to him at all.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hagi's first touch was terrible yesterday. The ball just wasn't sticking to him at all.

Theres a player in Hagi but we dont see it often enough for me.  Aribo Morelos Kent have all upped their game since gios arrival but he hasnt.   I was surprised he got a start yesterday given Wrights and Sakalas input in recent games.

27 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Theres a player in Hagi but we dont see it often enough for me.  Aribo Morelos Kent have all upped their game since gios arrival but he hasnt.   I was surprised he got a start yesterday given Wrights and Sakalas input in recent games.

We certainly won't see it if we don't put him on the park. He's played well recently but he did look off his game yesterday, along with a few others. If we dropped everyone who turned in poor performances there would be very few to choose a team from. Besides, Wright and Sakala are not replacements for Hagi.

Edited by Bill

31 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Our Stone wall penalty has gone down well......

IMG-20211219-WA0004.jpg

Wow, just wow @CammyF they really are quite a special (needs) breed of insecure, paranoid Neanderthals.

While I have just watched the first half of the scum v scum cup final while at work, and what a totally different ref Beaton is when he is not reffing us! All of a sudden things we would never in a million years get fouls for are given, well they are given in one direction only. And yet he is still getting slaughtered because he judged an early foul to be just a foul when the commentary team decided it should have been an early yellow. And of course the celtic player rightly booked was harshly booked, Kyogo's blatant dive was just a slip. A very dull game, very few shots at goal from the bheasts despite huge possession and Hibs being utterly rank. I dont normally watch their games, but given we have them in a fortnight I thought I would have a wee sneaky peek. I've confirmed to myself that they are still utter rank and if we play well, we will win comfortably. Turned off now, cant stand to see their late winner courtesy of a dodgy decision.

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Wow, just wow @CammyF they really are quite a special (needs) breed of insecure, paranoid Neanderthals.

While I have just watched the first half of the scum v scum cup final while at work, and what a totally different ref Beaton is when he is not reffing us! All of a sudden things we would never in a million years get fouls for are given, well they are given in one direction only. And yet he is still getting slaughtered because he judged an early foul to be just a foul when the commentary team decided it should have been an early yellow. And of course the celtic player rightly booked was harshly booked, Kyogo's blatant dive was just a slip. A very dull game, very few shots at goal from the bheasts despite huge possession and Hibs being utterly rank. I dont normally watch their games, but given we have them in a fortnight I thought I would have a wee sneaky peek. I've confirmed to myself that they are still utter rank and if we play well, we will win comfortably. Turned off now, cant stand to see their late winner courtesy of a dodgy decision.

I'm sure there is some analysis going around Twitter showing that since our return to the top flight, they've been awarded more penalties than we have - that's some conspiracy 😆

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I'm sure there is some analysis going around Twitter showing that since our return to the top flight, they've been awarded more penalties than we have - that's some conspiracy 😆

Yes and the fact they are OVER 10 TIMES less likely to pick up a booking at home than any other side, and haven’t had a red card in home league game for about 150 games (7-8 years!) Got to be the worst conspiracy in the world.

I hear Hibs denied a late stonewaller, so another cup won courtesy of the conspiracy!

Ref. Hagi A bad game yesterday(not his first) so maybe time to go back to Europe where his style is suited.

Cup final again,an injured!!! player scores twice after being doubtful,more scum discreet,an  non awarded penalty it still goes on eh???.

Wonder what 3rd January will bring from the Hobbit!!!.