[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Yeah, UBs sang this with the old school scarves held aloft. Remember TBO trying this a some years back. Would look amazing with the whole stadium joining but maybe it's a bit to slow tempo to catch on?

Young folk can’t sing. They can only do a yapping chant. They don’t understand some tunes are meant to be slow. I blame all the jackhammer music they listen to.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Young folk can’t sing. They can only do a yapping chant. They don’t understand some tunes are meant to be slow. I blame all the jackhammer music they listen to.

When in TBO we tried it a few times and even with us being "A little older' it never really caught on as IMO it's "too slow". 

Would be fantastic if the UBs could get this going as would be an "amazing" site with the scarves held high all around the stadium.

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

You're right. Young people can not sing.  You might wonder if Amazing Grace had only one note.

Earlier this year I attended the funeral of an elderly relative.  I knew that he could sing and play a couple of musical instruments.  I didn't realise that he was self taught and could play music by ear.  I was struck by the contrast to myself. I'm completely tone deaf.

My theory is that previous generations were far more likely to sing/play music for entertainment.  Singing would also be a weekly activity at church for most.  Recent generations can easily access recorded music for entertainment and few go near a church.

Sing loud and sing proud in fact I would invite a local flute band to play on a Saturday before the game and cameras were turned on invite the fans to sing their hearts out even provide song she6for youngsters that don't know the words 

Hullaw Hullaw 🤣😄

10 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

My theory is that previous generations were far more likely to sing/play music for entertainment. 

I'd agree with that.

Look at popular music 30+ years ago - some truly terrific vocalists, who often had to work with poor PA systems and minimal monitors, whereas now the vocalists tend to use earpieces and the monitors used are on a grand scale.  Are there many great singers about just now - not in my opinion.