[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

I was expecting a 3-4-3, not Patterson on the left. He`s not that comfortable there. Why we did not utilize Sakala like we did against Hearts is beyond me. Kamara and Lundstram are not going forward that much, Arfield is omitted again and again ... and Morelos is wandering to the wings again.

I`d withdraw Lundstram for Sakala and play ...

Tavernier - Goldson - Bassey

Patterson - Hagi - Kamara - Arfield - Kent

Morelos - Sakala

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 0 - 0 Dundee United
  • Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United
  • Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

We`ve had quite a few similar games over the SG reign, games that should not be forgotten when we talk about 55 et al. We`ve kept a clean sheet, but once more at the end had the bar to thank for not losing 2 points. As I said above, we could and should have used our squad differently, as well as switching tactics. But you obviously gladly take these three points and no injuries and damaging yellows all along.

Quite poor today. 

Overall we certainly created a couple of good chances, but generally we lacked creativity in the final third.

We can, and did, knock the ball about well, but it was all in front of Utd. 

I thought our #8s were anonymous. We need those two positions clicking in order to create. 

Most of our threat came from the wings (Kent and latterly Wright), but I don't think we used them enough.

A win's a win, I suppose.

And, we kept the Zero. I felt we controlled the game defensively for the most part -- outwith a last few minutes when Utd threw the kitchen sink at us. I'm quite content, in that sense.