[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 71 pen) - 0 Dundee United

Worst performance since the Horror of Hampden and back to the "pre-Gio" type game. However, as always all that's important is the 3 points.

Now over to wee Nippy to call the season on Monday and we can celebrate 56 as well as Christmas. 

Playing Hagi out wide when Wright is on the bench and we’re desperate for a creative central midfielder is beyond stupid. Some poor experimentation today. The entire team looked confused about what was being asked of them. Thankfully we got away with it in the end

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Hagi is a black hole. 

I'd take him off or play him more centrally. 

I'd take the pace of Wright on that right flank too. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Playing Hagi out wide when Wright is on the bench and we’re desperate for a creative central midfielder is beyond stupid. Some poor experimentation today. The entire team looked confused about what was being asked of them. Thankfully we got away with it in the end

After watching the difference that Wright made on the right I can't understand why we are asking Hagi to play there.

I thought the whole game had a strange feel to it today. I wasn't in my normal seat and was in Govan Front but felt the crowd were on the teams back from around 10th minute. 

Crowd seemed nervous and that appeared to filter into the performance on the pitch. 

1st half we had a decent penalty shout when Kent was tripped in box, then their keeper made a great save from an Alfie header.

We did up the pace in 2nd half and made some half chances and thankfully the assistant flagged for the handball as i dont think self confessed Celtic fan Alan Muir was giving it of his own back.

As said above, 3 points on the board and let's move on to next week. 

The match was a bit frustrating but that's to be expected when our key player drops out.

Best to just forget it and think about our position in the league.

We are 7 points ahead with a good chance to take 6 out of the next 6.  If we manage that then we go into the winter break on top.  The management get a chance to work on more with the team and make some changes to the squad. That would be a great position to be in.

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Couple of talking points today I thought:

1 - was it a penal for the foul on Kent first half?

2 - was the Morelos goal offside?

I was too far away from Alfies goal to tell, and DMAA says replays show Kent's wasn't a pen!