What's your All-Time World XI?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Excuse my cynicism. But isn't Mr Buchan just making sure he doesn't alienate followers of the Old Firm? How many 3 bobs might his publication lose by their omission? Let's not forget the Welsh either. Terry Hennessey? 😀😁😅

Nobody paid £M1 until 1979, Trevor Francis to Forest.

Greig wasn’t unknown in England and Gemmell was still famous for his Euro cup final goal.

Hennessy is a bit odd. Mike England, Alan Durban even Gary Sprake would have been better. 

I don’t think CBFM was bothered about circulation figures in Scotland or Wales. Readers weren’t so touchy back then.

22 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Nobody paid £M1 until 1979, Trevor Francis to Forest.

Greig wasn’t unknown in England and Gemmell was still famous for his Euro cup final goal.

Hennessy is a bit odd. Mike England, Alan Durban even Gary Sprake would have been better. 

I don’t think CBFM was bothered about circulation figures in Scotland or Wales. Readers weren’t so touchy back then.

Am I missing something here? Surely, given it's 1968, the TEAM is valued at £1m, not the individuals in it? I fully take your point on better Welsh players of that era, Hennessy was a donkey. Not so sure (Scottish) readers weren't so touchy. It was only a year earlier a Scottish Club won the EC, and remind me who were the first side to beat the World Cup winners that same year? 😁