What's your All-Time World XI?

Admin, there’s a guy on here been defacing illustrious names. Ban him. Oh, wait. It was Admin that did it.

Here’s the team. The defence is the easy bit, so strong that I don’t have to worry about defensive midfielders so Nobby Styles and Lee McCulloch have to sit this one out. I can run wild with attacking players but still have to omit superstars.

Zoff;

Caldow, Baresi, Maldini, Facchetti;

Messi,

Cruyff, Gento;

di Stefano, 

Puskas, Pele.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Admin, there’s a guy on here been defacing illustrious names. Ban him. Oh, wait. It was Admin that did it.

Here’s the team. The defence is the easy bit, so strong that I don’t have to worry about defensive midfielders so Nobby Styles and Lee McCulloch have to sit this one out. I can run wild with attacking players but still have to omit superstars.

Zoff;

Caldow, Baresi, Maldini, Facchetti;

Messi,

Cruyff, Gento;

di Stefano, 

Puskas, Pele.

Can't disagree with Caldow but it's a brave move to play him at right back

Edited by Bill

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can't disagree with Caldow but it's a brave move to play him at right back

His first game for Rangers was at right back when George Young was out injured.

I had to check the stats for this. Capped 29 times for Scotland at left back and 11 times at right back.

Remember two other Gers left out that could easily make a world eleven---Willy Henderson,who was asked out of retirement by Puskas(I think) to play in a select for him and of course Slim Jim an even more blessed left foot than Davy Cooper.

10 hours ago, MeAndMyWeePalJoe said:

In the order they appeared in the magazine:

Geoff Hurst
Mike England
Terry Hennessey
Gordon Banks
George Best
Denis Law
Alan Ball
John Greig
Bobby Charlton
Tommy Gemmell
Bobby Moore

Excuse my cynicism. But isn't Mr Buchan just making sure he doesn't alienate followers of the Old Firm? How many 3 bobs might his publication lose by their omission? Let's not forget the Welsh either. Terry Hennessey? 😀😁😅