Africa Cup Of Nations

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What do you mean?

Because the official title is Africa Cup Of Nations.  That's what the Confederation of African Football (the governing body) calls it. 

Just I never know when you are being ironic🤣. You must admit...  Second point- I just don't get the nomenclature.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at the fixtures for this (will stick on Nigeria to see how Aribo's getting on) and noted Comoros are playing.

I feel a bit daft but I've never heard of this country.  

A quick investigation shows it's an island nation and the only member of the Arab League fully situated in the Southern hemisphere.

24 minutes ago, compo said:

Haven't watched any international football since the first match of the South African world cup , think it was that fucking vuvuzela that put me off 😉😉🤨

Yes, noisy bastards.

African football is completely spoiled by the British media, indulging their white guilt and earnestly informing us at every turn - "look, black people play football too". Maybe it would be tolerable if it was treated just like any other crass, boring, over-sold football tournament.

I was interested in AFCON, with the Rangers players involved and it being broadcast on SKY. 

Cameroon-Burkina Faso was a poor game, though. I think I nodded off...

And, those f*cking Vuvuzela's are a pain in the arse! They're still quite common--not as much as the South Africa World Cup, I'd say, but they're still f*cking there!

There are a few games on throughout today, so I will be tuning in.