Prince Andrew & Boris Johnson

In this age where we have sportsmen and minor celebrities apologising profusely for something a bit dodgy they said on social media (usually when they were teenagers), why are this pair of chancers still here?

Time to go, chaps.  The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will be better off without you.  

Standards matter.  

I understand the temptation to fall in line with the established wisdom permeating media output but Johnson is a long way from dead yet.

Johnson will almost certainly be cleared by the investigation currently underway so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. He won't resign and irrespective of what they think of him personally, when faced with a leadership contest Conservatives would be reluctant to lose an election winner (2 mayoral elections, Tory leadership election, a landslide general election as well as delivering Brexit). The Tories have no one else who even looks like a probable election winner. Every Tory MP's future depends on a leader delivering the next election and pragmatism might yet prove a whole lot more persuasive than indignation.

All political careers end in failure.

I firmly believe he's gone though I think there will be a school of thought within the Tory party to let him limp along till the inevitable trouncing of the Tories in the forthcoming local elections then dump him as the scapegoat.

Ross knew tonights revelations were coming hence his stance.

Simple fact is people have tired of the joke that is Johnson, he's being hoisted on his own petard. Trailing a pretty insipid Labour Party by 10 points and growing will concentrate the minds of a considerable number of Tory MP's particularly in the North.

Sadly though I voted for a Conservative and Unionist Prime Minister I got neither.

As for prince Andrew and his royal lot I couldn't care less if they were all stood against a wall and shot from the Queen down to the youngest little  parasite. 

Johnson will remain until a candidate emerges from the field weve already seen the chancellor distancing himself ,but this is not the time for knife sharpening. 

If any member of a conservative group should fall it's Douglas Ross who has been totally useless in Holyrood the nationalists must sot back and relax when this clown talks he's the reason the jocks will keep Sturgeon and her lot in power there's no leadership in his game , plus he's a shite referee 😉

Edited by compo

11 hours ago, Bill said:

I understand the temptation to fall in line with the established wisdom permeating media output but Johnson is a long way from dead yet.

Johnson will almost certainly be cleared by the investigation currently underway so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. He won't resign and irrespective of what they think of him personally, when faced with a leadership contest Conservatives would be reluctant to lose an election winner (2 mayoral elections, Tory leadership election, a landslide general election as well as delivering Brexit). The Tories have no one else who even looks like a probable election winner. Every Tory MP's future depends on a leader delivering the next election and pragmatism might yet prove a whole lot more persuasive than indignation.

There has been speculation that he will be cleared, and I'm expecting that this will cause much gnashing of teeth.

But as FS says, I suspect he will hang on till the inevitable drubbing in May's Council elections, after which he will be dumped as there will be a groundswell of MPs fearing for their chances of re-election unless something is done to restore trust.

10 hours ago, compo said:

As for prince Andrew and his royal lot I couldn't care less if they were all stood against a wall and shot from the Queen down to the youngest little  parasite. 

A view very prevalent with the green and grey across the city. 

12 hours ago, Bill said:

I think Rishi Sunak would give Starmer supporters cause for concern as he comes across as assured and competent.