Prince Andrew & Boris Johnson

On 14/01/2022 at 13:58, stewarty said:

Its not though, is it? In this case, at least.

Maybe not from sections of the public, but Starmer, Thornbury and Rayner... come on !!!

Edited by ChelseaBoy
typo

On 15/01/2022 at 13:45, alexscottislegend said:

I think we're all aware of that on here, including compo I'm sure. But times change and attitudes to the monarchy have changed too. There was a time when the club only employed people of a certain religious persuasion (not just Rangers but certain shipyards too) and you wouldn't want to return to those days would you? Likewise the reverence for the Queen may fade too; certainly some of her offspring seem to be doing their best to undermine the institution.

So you're defending his views that a 95 year old woman should be put against the wall and shot? Have times changed that much? 

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

So you're defending his views that a 95 year old woman should be put against the wall and shot? Have times changed that much?

Our old queen wasn't slow to disown her second son due to allegations,  she should be ashamed of herself 

In most cases a mother looks after her offspring 

Once a person is an adult, they are the one responsible for their behaviour.

Compo has us going Bolshevik on the Royals, nuking China and wants the spivs to get as much as they can from the public purse...

Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

No of course not. I think compo was using hyperbole/figure of speech. I think the monarchy should be phased out or become something like the Dutch Royal family.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

No of course not. I think compo was using hyperbole/figure of speech. I think the monarchy should be phased out or become something like the Dutch Royal family.

Which is a view that you're entitled to hold and you're not being disrespectful, which was the main point of my argument. Hyperbole or not, Compo was being extremely disrespectful in a way that I felt was unbecoming....

1 hour ago, compo said:

Our old queen wasn't slow to disown her second son due to allegations,  she should be ashamed of herself 

In most cases a mother looks after her offspring 

She hasn't disowned him, and I get the feeling that if she had taken no action, you'd be criticising for that as well.

On 15/01/2022 at 13:45, alexscottislegend said:

I think we're all aware of that on here, including compo I'm sure. But times change and attitudes to the monarchy have changed too. There was a time when the club only employed people of a certain religious persuasion (not just Rangers but certain shipyards too) and you wouldn't want to return to those days would you? Likewise the reverence for the Queen may fade too; certainly some of her offspring seem to be doing their best to undermine the institution.

Clearly wishful thinking on your part but by far the funniest aspect of these posts is the speed with which the ever-lurking @Bearger pounces to like them. Unable to justify his lunatic views on nationalism, he wallows in self-imposed exile but nevertheless exposes his clandestine presence when suitably tempted by any hint of criticism directed at the Union or Monarchy. Personally I wish he'd come back out in the open, I miss the satisfaction.