[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Hagi 20)

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I thought the conditions played a big part last night. They adapted better than we did. Not always easy to play our passing game with the overhead conditions we had last night

I think that's a fair point. we lost the battle in midfield where we have all sorts of issues re selection just now. 

I would have played lundstrum instead of sands and thought he did well when he came on. 

41 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I think that's a fair point. we lost the battle in midfield where we have all sorts of issues re selection just now. 

I would have played lundstrum instead of sands and thought he did well when he came on. 

I felt if he was going to play Sands then he had to play Lundstram as well and sacrifice either Hagi, Kent or Wright. You could clearly see the problem after 20 minutes and it should have been changed then. I don't expect a manager to get it right all the time but I do expect him to recognise and react to any mistakes. GvB's unwillingness to implement changes everyone could see were needed has left me with an unfamiliar uneasiness.

Imagine a club takes all this stuff to the relevant authority and asks about an opinion and actions to be taken. In fact, there should be some referee-supervisor who watches on and notes all these errors of judgement or blatant ignorance of the rules - no matter what team or game. And if people either have "certain drops" in "certain games" these people should either be dropped to a lower level or being send home for good. 

Our (and other clubs`) reluctance to say something or calls out refereeing inablities is starting to get pathetic. As Hannah Arendt once said: Someone who knows that he can disagree also knows that in a certain sense he agrees if he doesn't disagree. We let the Clancys and Maddens get away with it and thus they just carry on.