[FT] Rangers 4 (Lowry 31; Tavernier 37 pen; Itten 59; Sakala 86) - 0 Stirling Albion

They get paid to do a job.

Have you fully agreed with the politics and ethics of all your employers and their customer bases - I certainly haven't.  Doesn't mean I don't turn up and put a solid shift in though.

Rangers 'fans' who vote SNP are voting for a party that despises us.  

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rangers 'fans' who vote SNP are voting for a party that despises us.  

Same goes for Rangers players who vote SNP. Or is the SNP party that a player votes for different to the SNP party a fan voted for?  Or is it OK to vote SNP if you are getting paid to do a job by the club? Can you be both a fan and a paid employee of the club? If so, are they then allowed to vote SNP? It's all rather consuming.

Simple question- if an Rangets employee supports the SNP, are they fit to wear the badge? 

I think you're missing the point.

As long as the players work hard and do their job, I really couldn't care less what their political views are.  

This is about the Rangers support and the quislings/5th columnists/Lundys amongst us.  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

But saying a supporter of the SNP not being fit to wear the badge is different from what you are saying above. 

If our new signing Souttar is a nationalist, would that have an impact on his ability to represent Rangers, or make him "not fit to wear the badge"...

Like religion, there's no reason why I would even know a player's political views, nor would I want to since they're paid to play football, not tout politics. Unlike religion, in the unlikely event a Rangers player started making pro-nationalist statements in public then I think, like most of the support, I would feel genuinely uncomfortable having him represent us.

But as you're well aware, that's entirely different from the issue of supporters. The interests of Rangers and the SNP are so diametrically opposed and the contempt of nationalists for Rangers is so clear and profound that to claim to support both inevitably means compromising your views on one or the other. It's practically impossible to pull wholeheartedly in opposite directions and any time I have seen someone try, nationalism has always been the priority cause.

I know how fashionable it is to want to appear reasonable and virtuous but this is really a very straightforward issue. Scottish nationalism detests Rangers and hasn't hesitated to show it, I support Rangers and detest Scottish nationalism. Being mealy mouthed about it is inappropriate and completely unnecessary.

Lowry on the ball looked very impressive. Fell out of the game and not sure if it was due to fitness or moving out wide.

Looks a bit one paced and not great off the ball so needs to work on that. But looks like a good #10 in the making.

Leon King also looked solid - which makes me wonder if we need to push the boat out for Soutter when we have such a promising youngster. I know it was only Stirling Albion. 

Another missed pen for Tav - i'd expect Roofe will hit them as a first choice but we need our pen takers to be more clinical.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

17 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think you're missing the point.

As long as the players work hard and do their job, I really couldn't care less what their political views are.  

This is about the Rangers support and the quislings/5th columnists/Lundys amongst us.  

I actually think it is you missing the  point Gonzo.  There was absolutely zero distinction in Bill's original post between supporter and employee.  It simply said you werent fit to wear the badge if you supported the SNP.

Either way, the thread is starting to move off tangent