[FT] Rangers 4 (Lowry 31; Tavernier 37 pen; Itten 59; Sakala 86) - 0 Stirling Albion

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He is not good enough, simples! young Lowry was far better, he was pish!

Whether he is good enough or not is another debate for another day, but it appears he's the latest player our fans have written off before he's had an opportunity - a long list including pish Rangers players like Mccoist, Goram, Hateley and thro to Borna.

He wasn't pish tonight, none of our players were pish. Some played better than others, tonight was a no win game. Expected to win easily and that's exactly what we done. 

If we want to discuss pish players, let's talk about Emilson Crobari, Faure, Ian Black, Kevin Kyle et  al

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I thought they were both pish! this was up against Stirling Albion!!.

Lot of dross we need to get rid of and they are two of them!.

I don’t think Barker did himself any favours tonight. I’d be surprised if we saw him again. I think GvB wanted to see him in action for himself. I doubt he’d have been impressed.
Bacuna set up two goals tonight but whether he can be the creative midfielder we’d like him to be Im not so sure. He needs to show he can offer us more against better opposition 

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Whether he is good enough or not is another debate for another day, but it appears he's the latest player our fans have written off before he's had an opportunity - a long list including pish Rangers players like Mccoist, Goram, Hateley and thro to Borna.

He wasn't pish tonight, none of our players were pish. Some played better than others, tonight was a no win game. Expected to win easily and that's exactly what we done. 

If we want to discuss pish players, let's talk about Emilson Crobari, Faure, Ian Black, Kevin Kyle et  al

Poor comparison mate, that was then, now is now, I stand by my comments! I hope I am proved wrong as I said.

We haven't looked good for a while now! I never ever called Hately, McCoist or Goram pish! in fact I am not the kind of fan to slate any player, however I am very concerned where we are going under GVB! also I know it was against lower opposition but we have become very negative so far under Gio.

Hopefully my fears are put to bed very soon!.

Edited by ian1964

23 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Poor comparison mate, that was then, now is now, I stand by my comments! I hope I am proved wrong as I said.

We haven't looked good for a while now! I never ever called Hately, McCoist or Goram pish! in fact I am not the kind of fan to slate any player, however I am very concerned where we are going under GVB! also I know it was against lower opposition but we have become very negative so far under Gio.

Hopefully my fears are put to bed very soon!.

But those players were classed as pish even against lower league opposition, Mccoist was booed for years. 

GVBs style was never gonna be same as SGs and many fans were screaming for a change of style as we had become "predictable". In reality, we were never gonna be as good as we were last season.

Last season we played some of the best football in years, but in other games, especially the cups, we were very poor. 

GVB will stamp his style on the team and we'll just need to see how it pans our. If he guides us to the league, is more negative style (If that's what it turns out to be) will be forgiven/forgotten.

We've lost 1 league game in 60 and GVB is unbeaten in his 11 games in charge. Not bad records if we're honest! 

We need to sign players and need to sign players who'll fit into Gios style, hopefully we get them in this window. 

For the record I was always against SG getting the job, he proved me wrong! I was very happy when Gio was appointed manager, however at this point in time I have deep concerns about GVB! I just hope he also proves me wrong!!

You need a drink 😉

22 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But those players were classed as pish even against lower league opposition, Mccoist was booed for years. 

GVBs style was never gonna be same as SGs and many fans were screaming for a change of style as we had become "predictable". In reality, we were never gonna be as good as we were last season.

Last season we played some of the best football in years, but in other games, especially the cups, we were very poor. 

GVB will stamp his style on the team and we'll just need to see how it pans our. If he guides us to the league, is more negative style (If that's what it turns out to be) will be forgiven/forgotten.

We've lost 1 league game in 60 and GVB is unbeaten in his 11 games in charge. Not bad records if we're honest! 

We need to sign players and need to sign players who'll fit into Gios style, hopefully we get them in this window. 

Cammy, you keep referencing the past! I'm talking in the present, what I am seeing is GVB & his back room staff trying to implement a negative formation! I could be wrong but I am only being honest, we can only hope GVB has a plan and is in transition

Cammy, you keep referencing the past! I'm talking in the present, what I am seeing is GVB & his back room staff trying to implement a negative formation! I could be wrong but I am only being honest, we can only hope GVB has a plan and is in transition

All managers have different styles of play simple as that. 

GVB might be "negative", but in comparison to what and whom (If we are not allowed to reference the past)? 

Anyway, I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 4-3...

Edited by CammyF