• Ianis Hagi
    • John Lundstram
    • Juninho Bacuna
    • Brandon Barker
    • Cedric Itten
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Alex Lowry

32 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

He did very very well and if not for Lowry i would have given him MOTM as well. 

Lundstrum has been MOTM or near it in every start he has had going back about 6 games at least now IIRC. 

I think the idea he can't contribute to us in a positive sense and certainly some of the nonsense you see about him being shite is nonsense. I wish he had started V Aberdeen. 

He wasn't great against Dundee Utd and got subbed at half time, did he not? He did go through a purple patch for a while, but his form seemed to me to be a bit inconsistent recently, although I agree he had a great game here.

His problem is that he is up against Kamara in the 4-1-2-3 that Gio seems to favour. If Gio changes to a 4-2-3-1 as he did against Aberdeen then yes, he's certainly got a shout.

Interesting point about the Aberdeen game. I didn't think Sands did that badly but in retrospect, yes, I'd agree that Lundstrum would have been a better option.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

He wasn't great against Dundee Utd and got subbed at half time, did he not? He did go through a purple patch for a while, but his form seemed to me to be a bit inconsistent recently, although I agree he had a great game here.

His problem is that he is up against Kamara in the 4-1-2-3 that Gio seems to favour. If Gio changes to a 4-2-3-1 as he did against Aberdeen then yes, he's certainly got a shout.

Interesting point about the Aberdeen game. I didn't think Sands did that badly but in retrospect, yes, I'd agree that Lundstrum would have been a better option.

I am sure you are right V Utd. He had that purple patch which was 4 or 5 MOTM games. He was MOTM v Lyon. Certainly largely excellent in most of his recent starts. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

He did very very well and if not for Lowry i would have given him MOTM as well. 

Lundstrum has been MOTM or near it in every start he has had going back about 6 games at least now IIRC. 

I think the idea he can't contribute to us in a positive sense and certainly some of the nonsense you see about him being shite is nonsense. I wish he had started V Aberdeen. 

He should have started against Aberdeen but failing that he should have been brought on after 20 minutes when it became clear we weren't competing in midfield. As for the nonsense, it must just be his turn because nothing he's done justifies the criticism being aimed at him.