Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 75)

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

he can play anywhere across our midfield.

He took the ball off a Livi player near the end.  I loved that.  Nothing better than a midfielder who can pick a pass and win the ball, so I'm a fan (but a fan trying not to go overboard).

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I hear you! I'm just thinking how a lot of fans were not too happy that Patterson never played as much, me to! although that was mainly due to Tav's consistency. I'm not suggesting he starts every match, but he could get more chances to get more game time than Patterson as he can play anywhere across our midfield.

Or we're on the lookout / in need of another £12M 😉

17 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Sands hiding in plain sight. Did not make any major blunders but nothing spectacular at all, 5 yard safety pass every time.

Maybe as he's been instructed to do? I was always told to give the ball to the football players, maybe he's been told the same?

Young lad, in a foreign country, learning a new culture and a new style of football in a must win environment, maybe his bedding himself in? 

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lowry's a young lad.  He played well but he made one or two mistakes too.

We have a bipolar tendency - everything's either magnificent or it's awful.  

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Lowry had a very good game and his attitude was exemplary.  I just think it's a bit early to be relying on him or expecting too much (we've done it too often).  I sometimes think the expectation of being a Ranger grinds some players down. 

The signs are positive. 

I think it’s different with Lowry. Lowry has always stood out like a sore thumb in Rangers junior sides and I really think he has the ability to contribute right now. Not as a first 11 player with Aribo returning but certainly as an active member of the team. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe as he's been instructed to do? I was always told to give the ball to the football players, maybe he's been told the same?

Young lad, in a foreign country, learning a new culture and a new style of football in a must win environment, maybe his bedding himself in? 

Yes, I have not written him off as yet. Just would like to see a bit more belief from him, but as you say it may come.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

If Gerrard was still hear I doubt we’d be talking about Lowry. Lundstram would have started tonight. 

If your Auntie had baws.....😉

Sure Michael Beale tweeted on Friday night that Lowry was the 12th player form the academy to get his 1st team debut since SG and his staff took over.....