Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 75)

24 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it’s different with Lowry. Lowry has always stood out like a sore thumb in Rangers junior sides and I really think he has the ability to contribute right now. Not as a first 11 player with Aribo returning but certainly as an active member of the team. 

As good as Lowry has been in the junior ranks, I've seen him having very poor games. The game against Bo'ness United as an example. The conditions that Day were like tonight's and nothing Lowry done came off, it was just one of those days.

I think we need to be careful with Lowry as he has a talent and he could have a very bright future in the game, but he's played 2 games. Doesn't help that some fans are already comparing him to Gazza and Barry Ferguson. If he's half as good as either of them, he'll be doing well.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I think we need to be careful with Lowry as he has a talent and he could have a very bright future in the game, but he's played 2 games.

Spot on.  A rocket to stardom isn't the best way to go.  Support him and the team, without getting carried away.

He has played very well against Stirling Albion and Livingston.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

As good as Lowry has been in the junior ranks, I've seen him having very poor games. The game against Bo'ness United as an example. The conditions that Day were like tonight's and nothing Lowry done came off, it was just one of those days.

I think we need to be careful with Lowry as he has a talent and he could have a very bright future in the game, but he's played 2 games. Doesn't help that some fans are already comparing him to Gazza and Barry Ferguson. If he's half as good as either of them, he'll be doing well.

I haven’t seen anyone comparing him with Gaza or Ferguson!!.

Great to see Jack getting game time, thought he was excellent when he came on, he could be vital if he stays fit 

A difficult game tonight in a high wind like last week at Pittodrie,

I thought we might struggle without Kent, Morelos and Aribo and we did. Disappointing that some fringe players who came in tonight didn’t really impress.  

However glad to get the win in the end with a touch of class from Arfield & good to see Jack return. Wonder if GvB might revert to a MF of Jack, Kamara & Arfield assuming all fit?

58 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Great to see Jack getting game time, thought he was excellent when he came on, he could be vital if he stays fit 

That's the conundrum with Jack. Great player but fitness is a huge question mark.

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 75)

Very happy with that win.

The awful conditions can't be underplayed and as much as we obviously struggled for quality for long periods, I felt we kept plugging away, kept working hard and deserved our goal.

Felt Barisic and Tav were more effective in the second half, was impressed with Lowry and Sakala also contributed fairly well.  However, the quicker we can get Kent, Morelos and Aribo back in the side, the better.

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Very happy with that win.

The awful conditions can't be underplayed and as much as we obviously struggled for quality for long periods, I felt we kept plugging away, kept working hard and deserved our goal.

Felt Barisic and Tav were more effective in the second half, was impressed with Lowry and Sakala also contributed fairly well.  However, the quicker we can get Kent, Morelos and Aribo back in the side, the better.

Don’t you think our fringe players continue to disappoint Frankie?

another poor night for Itten for example 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t you think our fringe players continue to disappoint Frankie?

another poor night for Itten for example 

Itten is just too passive and slow to react but I guess he can point to a lack of game-time/match sharpness in that respect.

For me Scott Wright isn't good enough whilst the likes of Barker and Lundstram clearly lack the confidence of the manager.

However, to their credit, these lads got the job done last night and it's up to Kent and Aribo to show us what we're missing on Saturday lunch-time.

10 hours ago, ian1964 said:

With Hagi out for the season do we have a ready made replacement in Lowry??, or should we be looking to buy a replacement for Hagi??.

We still need to sign a RW.

I doubt if Hagi will be missed