4Lads interview with James Bisgrove

A good interview from Stevie and glad to see Rangers continuing to deal with fan media first and foremost. Off-field stuff can be rather insipid at times but it's clear our commercial activities are progressing fairly well so another positive in a vital season for the club.

Good read as always like Stevie from 4Lads blogs.

Given how pathetic our TV deal is we really need to make the most of hook ups with NFT and crypto currency businesses no matter how trivial it seems. 

Buying the rights to the SPFL in India is something that has always struck me as a very shrewd move. Not sure of the ins and outs but didnt we buy the rights for a few hundred k then sell it on to TV/betting websites over there? I wonder how that has worked out. 

People will complain about Castore, and some of the commercial deals. But we have come a long way since AGMS in tents with dodgy bus brothers.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

I think there's good and bad aspects to Bisgrove's activities.  The commercial tie-ins and more professional approach are good.  Supporters being treated poorly (Bar 72 and retail standards spring to mind) ...not so good.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think there's good and bad aspects to Bisgrove's activities.  The commercial tie-ins and more professional approach are good.  Supporters being treated poorly (Bar 72 and retail standards spring to mind) ...not so good.

The customer service stuff needs to improve going forward.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

You're right Gonzo. The only thing I'd add is that this is a process of years rather than months and not everything needing done can be at the front of the queue. Revenue generation had to be the priority but they need to be careful not to allow customer service to lag too far behind. 

When directors are interviewed there's always potential for generalities to overwhelm detail but give Bisgrove his due, he's never shy to talk about specific targets and benchmarks. I like high energy people like James Bisgrove and Ross Wilson, who see the importance of building teams with quality and experience if they themselves are going to deliver the headline growth we so badly need. You can see the cobwebs retreating before them.

Next year's accounts will be interesting regarding the Castore deal in particular, but its clear we have a strong team in place and they're delivering new revenue streams on a weekly basis.  Encouraging read.   

• 3 months later...