[FT] Ross County 3 - 3 Rangers (Diallo 5; Tavernier 49; Goldson 72)

The manager needs to sort out the midfield.  Until he does we won't improve.  His tactics are also far too negative and are inviting teams onto us.  The best thing we can do is attack at pace.  We are lousy at defending and before somebody points out stats to me the weaknesses are there for all to see.  Stop playing into the opposition's hands when we have all these creative, talented forwards.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Who replaces him? Balogun has disappeared of the face of the earth, Helander is coming back from a long lay-off and Katic is out on loan.

Do we throw King into the team at Parkhead? 

Admittedly we don’t know how long it will be. But Balogun and Helander will return to fitness as some point. Sands has far more experience playing there and might get the nod now that there is an excuse to drop Bassey for the first time, who still deserves credit for his efforts out of position. And there is still a slim chance Souttar will sign.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

However they've strengthened whilst we've stood still / regressed. Two days to readdress that, but anyone coming in now will be a panic buy and they never turn out well. 

We need strong leadership but our board have shown no appetite for a fight. 

We should make a loan signing if we can find another that will improve the first eleven.

The board have been covering losses for years so it's complete nonsense to question their appetite.

I think some are going a bit overboard. 

We played reasonably well today and were let down by three shocking errors.

People seem to think Celtc are a good side.  They aren't.  They're scraping past diddy teams.  

Keep the chin up!  

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

The manager needs to sort out the midfield.  Until he does we won't improve.  His tactics are also far too negative and are inviting teams onto us.  The best thing we can do is attack at pace.  We are lousy at defending and before somebody points out stats to me the weaknesses are there for all to see.  Stop playing into the opposition's hands when we have all these creative, talented forwards.

I couldn't believe we started to drop deeper after we scored our third. It was playing into their hands.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

There is something just not right at our club and we need to find out what it is. I suspect in reality it's as simple as we're skint. 

If that's the case, I'd suggest Ross Wilson needs to do a better job!

We have 5 players that have not contributed for a while, that would have some value and should have been punted: Barker, Simpson, Katic (arguably), Hastie, Firth.  Then there are the two that have played and could command a half decent fee, but are not of the standard required: One is Barisic who is not the player he was and I prefer Bassey as a left back now. The other is Itten, who should have been left out of loan in the hope we could punt him to Fürth at end of season.

Then there's Kamara and Goldson. Both should have been punted last year if not interested in signing new contracts. Davis and Greegsy should have been allowed to retire, at least the latter of the two. I'd prefer either McL or McC to McG right now. 

There's some fees that could and should have been brought in and wages saved that would help the financial situation if it's that dire. As has been proven with Patterson and Lowry, there are probably some decent young academy players that could replace the squad players above if not yet at the potential of Patterson/Lowry. 

And how did we end up Ofoborh?  that makes 10. And then we bring in Sands. Sorry to say, and I know it's really early, but I cant see how he adds anything to the squad. 

I know many will disagree with a lot of what I say above, but it's an honest observation, so as much as Ross Wilson may be worshipped by many, I think he still has work to do to prove himself IMO. Otherside of the city, they sell their duds for millions!