[FT] Ross County 3 - 3 Rangers (Diallo 5; Tavernier 49; Goldson 72)

31 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

If that's the case, I'd suggest Ross Wilson needs to do a better job!

We have 5 players that have not contributed for a while, that would have some value and should have been punted: Barker, Simpson, Katic (arguably), Hastie, Firth.  Then there are the two that have played and could command a half decent fee, but are not of the standard required: One is Barisic who is not the player he was and I prefer Bassey as a left back now. The other is Itten, who should have been left out of loan in the hope we could punt him to Fürth at end of season.

Then there's Kamara and Goldson. Both should have been punted last year if not interested in signing new contracts. Davis and Greegsy should have been allowed to retire, at least the latter of the two. I'd prefer either McL or McC to McG right now. 

There's some fees that could and should have been brought in and wages saved that would help the financial situation if it's that dire. As has been proven with Patterson and Lowry, there are probably some decent young academy players that could replace the squad players above if not yet at the potential of Patterson/Lowry. 

And how did we end up Ofoborh?  that makes 10. And then we bring in Sands. Sorry to say, and I know it's really early, but I cant see how he adds anything to the squad. 

I know many will disagree with a lot of what I say above, but it's an honest observation, so as much as Ross Wilson may be worshipped by many, I think he still has work to do to prove himself IMO. Otherside of the city, they sell their duds for millions! 

Did Kamara not sign a new deal?

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

The pessimism on here is scary,yes we lost three poor goals but we created so many chances some of which were unlucky not to land in the net.County were out-played all day and got lucky.

I for one look to Wednesday as it will be an open game where we should see where our strengths/weaknesses lie.

I'll be glad when this transfer window is over. New and better players will always be welcome but right now our biggest problem is that the good players we have already are consistently underperforming. There are 3 choices. Either they are being asked to play the wrong individual roles - or the collective team tactics are wrong - or the team selection and tactics are right but the individual players are failing to deliver to their abilities (or some combination of all 3).

Right now I think the biggest reason for dropped points lies with the players themselves, some of whom appear unfocussed and lacking energy. What worries me is that this is often symptomatic of conflict within the dressing room and that's something that won't be solved by adding players, only by removing them.

That said, poor refereeing, injuries, international call-ups and new coaching staff settling in have all posed challenges. It's not too early to be concerned but it is far too soon to be losing heart. Given the situation at both clubs I think this season will have more than a few twists and turns yet.

29 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

If that's the case, I'd suggest Ross Wilson needs to do a better job!

We have 5 players that have not contributed for a while, that would have some value and should have been punted: Barker, Simpson, Katic (arguably), Hastie, Firth.  Then there are the two that have played and could command a half decent fee, but are not of the standard required: One is Barisic who is not the player he was and I prefer Bassey as a left back now. The other is Itten, who should have been left out of loan in the hope we could punt him to Fürth at end of season.

Then there's Kamara and Goldson. Both should have been punted last year if not interested in signing new contracts. Davis and Greegsy should have been allowed to retire, at least the latter of the two. I'd prefer either McL or McC to McG right now. 

There's some fees that could and should have been brought in and wages saved that would help the financial situation if it's that dire. As has been proven with Patterson and Lowry, there are probably some decent young academy players that could replace the squad players above if not yet at the potential of Patterson/Lowry. 

And how did we end up Ofoborh?  that makes 10. And then we bring in Sands. Sorry to say, and I know it's really early, but I cant see how he adds anything to the squad. 

I know many will disagree with a lot of what I say above, but it's an honest observation, so as much as Ross Wilson may be worshipped by many, I think he still has work to do to prove himself IMO. Otherside of the city, they sell their duds for millions! 

Well for a start, you cannot lay the fault of all the 10 you name at Wilson's door. Many were signed by Allan. Goldson & Kamara punted? Goldson?. Well worth the fee imo, and if he goes at season's end so be it. Kamara ? cost 50k. We will most probably cash in at season's end. Barasic also a good value signing imo. Squads will always be made up of lightweights when there is tight budgets involved. It's a risk business you win some, you lose some. We sold Pattison for a good fee, if we sell Lowry for the same so be it. Sands has played 3 games, far too early to make judgement. And so to McGregor (and Davis as well). Both of those guys have been absolute stalwarts for this club. I can understand the feeling of disappointment after today but do us a favour? I would play him Wednesday (and Davis if he was fit) these are big time players who thrive on big occasions. Their careers are coming to an end, but I for one won't hang them out to dry like many on here. I don't worship him but contrary to your opinion I think Wilson is doing a reasonably good job. I noticed a few negatives around bringing Dallio on board as well. I saw enough in 60mins to believe he is well worth the loan punt. As mentioned above, let's not go overboard, we did play reasonably well today and there is still plenty to be positive about for the next challenge!

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

People seem to think Celtc are a good side.  They aren't.  They're scraping past diddy teams.  

No different to us, does that mean we aren’t a good side? We aren’t even scraping past them, we’ve drawn to two in the past few games while they have beaten Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United despite their team being decimated by injuries and call ups. 

We should absolutely be beating them given the players they have missing though, no excuses. 

49 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Well for a start, you cannot lay the fault of all the 10 you name at Wilson's door. 

Not what I meant at all. I was referring to the comment that we're skint, yet we have up to 10 players that we could have sold/offloaded to save wages in the last couple of windows. This is also not a knee jerk reaction to losing 4 points in 3 games, it's a moan that we haven't been as smart with player trading as we could have been. 

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

The speed with which the usual suspects have rushed to condemn Sands is symptomatic of the very worst in our support.  Frankly, commenting on performances in specific games is one thing but condemning players as worthless before they've had time to show what they can do is ridiculous. More than that, it's shameful.

An opinion on a new player that I don't think is the required standard for Rangers is symptomatic of the very worst in our support, and shameful? 

Sorry bill, but you do talk some bollocks. I hope to be proven wrong about Sands, he looks a smart lad with a good attitude. I'm rooting for him, but IMO, I don't think he has the talent to make it in the first team. Adding squad players in NOT what we needed in January. I was hoping for one or two quality signings that could help us land the title, that will bring the much needed financial rewards of the CL. 

Agree with wee blue.

Itten and sands are not whipping boys...in Ittens case he just aint good enough and no harm in saying so.

Sands i have quite liked...keeps it simple and does it well enough but looking for something more from him though.

Edited by onevision