Mason Greenwood rape allegations

20 hours ago, craig said:

The evidence is very damning

There is no "evidence" until it has been presented and tested in court. Until then it can only ever be information that is intended to support or deny an accusation. I worry about the increasing willingness to judge without trial.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

There is no "evidence" until it has been presented and tested in court. Until then it can only ever be information that is intended to support or deny an accusation. I worry about the increasing willingness to judge without trial.

Exactly. It is quite concerning that so many people believe that the presumption of innocence should be removed.

36 minutes ago, Biblio said:

Exactly. It is quite concerning that so many people believe that the presumption of innocence should be removed.

Exactly what we saw in the US with the Kyle Rittenhouse trial. The US MSM had him guilty from day one entirely on an identarian basis, whereas the actual evidence was something completely different. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I worry about the easy willingness to ignore the "information" and, lets be honest Bill, you are playing with semantics by suggesting it isnt evidence.  I certainly am not saying he isnt deserving of proper and due process - but what is out there is going to be very difficult for him to maneuvre - the voice note in particular will be difficult for them to work around.  

1 hour ago, Biblio said:

Agreed. The willingness of not only Joe Public but also organised media and manipulative interest groups to make advance pronouncements of guilt is possibly the most dangerous development of the last 20 years.

24 minutes ago, craig said:

I worry about the easy willingness to ignore the "information" and, lets be honest Bill, you are playing with semantics by suggesting it isnt evidence.  I certainly am not saying he isnt deserving of proper and due process - but what is out there is going to be very difficult for him to maneuvre - the voice note in particular will be difficult for them to work around.  

But the point is Craig, that's not for you or me to judge. The responsible path is to let justice take it's course in due process. It isn't a question of ignoring anything but of recognising the value of legal process. You may think I'm just offering semantics, I think I'm making a very important point and your invitation to honesty is wholly unnecessary.

49 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's concerning how much emotion trumps reason in society nowadays.

Social discourse is almost entirely based on "feelings" - that staple commodity of the hard of thinking everywhere.

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill.

The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault on Sunday.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it had been granted more time to question him having previously been given an extension on Monday.