2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We need to learn how to use Sakala though. He’s not a natural number9 for me and won’t get enough goals

hes maybe better to suited to a 4-4-2 playing up top as one of the 2 in a wider role 

Not dissimilar to Nacho Novo

What`s all the fuzz about?

Had to work today "thanks" to a postponement of our game in January and went there calmy knowing what was to happen. Anyone with a bit of knowledge how OF games at the Scumhut will start at 120 km/h and how recent form levels have been would have forseen that.

Our defence has shed 1-2 goals per 3-5 opposition chances against poor poor teams, now the flying strike-force of the Scum was coming our way. What were anyone expecting? A rise to the challenge of our current comfy zone crop?

Tavernier and Goldson have been well below their own standard, Bassey does his best but is hardly the best choice. Surprised that Borna had a shocker, but that just adds to our defensive woes.

Kamara plays in the/a DM comfort zone right now and hardly against many players that will push him hard like the Scum ones do/did. In games like these, he sure needs  a man of steel next to him. I for one would have started with Jack, but I don`t know the latter`s fitness levels.

Can`t say much about Kent, Arfield and Aribo, only that Kent is right now no instant starter for me. How often have 30-60 mins of games simply passing him by and when he gets the odd chance, he`s not lethal enough in recent times  to valided a starting slot. Arfield will show grit and determination, but usually is someone who feeds of other attackers and runs into spaces. Aribo is doing a lot of things, but most of that he does alone, so is not exactly the creative central hub that will spark your mdifield into action. As I said before, I still haven`t figured out what his best position is.

Diallo ... was a gamble and IMHO a big one, as that kid has never experienced the howloing terror of the baying scum hordes before in his life and should probably never had been chosen.

Roofe ... or any other one striker is "lost in space". It`s a rubbish waste of players in packed defeneces and if he hasn`t got good support either side of him, also toothless against better defenders.

We played our usual staff and tactics and neither were up for it tonight, at least in the first half. It was no rocket science to foresee it end in tears.

So what`s  all the fuzz about? We`ve been beaten by that score before by them, fare better teams, far worse results. Midseason. Back then much like now no-one knew or knows how fortunes will swing. They`ll have the bragging right and when they come up against another brick-wall team, they`ll most likely shed points again. Remember that they just about beat the Arabs by the odd goal at home last week - while McGregor single-handedly handed a point to the Stags.

For me, this game today was essentially the end of the learning curve for Gio and his team. They have seen us toil against the brickwall-teams, been outfought by the Hibs and similar sides, and now been handed their @rses by the Scum.

NOW is time to make the right decisions regarding players AND tactics. People have been used and shown what they are capable of and if they don`t deliver, they need to be changed, no matter of name, price or previous accomplishments. That is going to be my benchmark of Gios reign from now till the end of the season.

Next stop Ibrox on Sunday.

34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Tavernier and Goldson have been well below their own standard, Bassey does his best but is hardly the best choice. Surprised that Borna had a shocker, but that just adds to our defensive woes.

Kamara plays in the/a DM comfort zone right now and hardly against many players that will push him hard like the Scum ones do/did. In games like these, he sure needs  a man of steel next to him. I for one would have started with Jack, but I don`t know the latter`s fitness levels.

If Jack's fitness is such he can only be used sparingly then we have a major problem that only Ramsey might fill, although he really needs to be free to play a more progressive role. We've grown used to him being absent but tonight should have served as a reminder that Jack really is by some margin our most effective midfielder. If he can be relied upon to play regularly then I feel a whole lot better about our prospects. If not then I don't see any of the current squad filling his boots - Davis might but I doubt if he still has the legs for week-in-week-out football?

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Play right into the hands of the ref! I am more concerned about the ref than the scum puddle drinking bastards

See I was right those puddle drinking B******* ran us ragged some meaty tackles in the first five minutes might have been better than surrendering like pussys, .

23 minutes that was it for me I turned it off I have been watching Rangers teams for over seventy years now and those first 23 minutes were like the 69 cup final and the worst of young Murty and that clown who came before him .

I could see there was no heart no fight no direction from a clueless bench at least no fans paid their hard earned money to attend this game .

The game was lost on Tuesday when our manager comes out with Ramsey wont be involved leaving Angela knowing our line up big mistake you never give the opposition a single bit of help there will be more thumpings ahead if this isn't sorted NOW.

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

So what`s  all the fuzz about? We`ve been beaten by that score before by them, fare better teams, far worse results. Midseason. Back then much like now no-one knew or knows how fortunes will swing. They`ll have the bragging right and when they come up against another brick-wall team, they`ll most likely shed points again. Remember that they just about beat the Arabs by the odd goal at home last week - while McGregor single-handedly handed a point to the Stags.

Witness delusion.

We can't count on Celtic dropping points.

Celtic have a better record against the rest of the league than we do.

If our players think like this, and it appears that they do, then we have no hope.

Time for people to stop thinking, and acting, like losers.

For me Gio just got his tactics wrong, not necessarily the formation but just the fact that we sat off Celtic and allowed them to have the ball in our half of the field. We invited pressure onto us and you cant afford to do that with Celtic's attacking options and our defensive frailties. Our defense was at its best under Gerrard when the full backs pressed forward and we pressed teams high up the pitch to keep the ball away from our goal. I hope Gio learns to adapt his system and not just instill his way of doing things. He has taken the main strenght of our team under Gerrard (the fullbacks) and turned them into a weakness. 

I know the game was over but when we attacked Celtic in the second half we actually dominated the game, I just hope Gio learns that sitting in is not the best way for Rangers to play. Weve done it in a few games this season, normally after we go ahead and its brought a lot of pressure onto us. I can honestly see Hearts beating us if we start the same way as last night.