I spoke to a Hearts season ticket holder neighbour today and he really wants us to stump up for Souttar.  Other jambos I've spoken to have given a similar impression.

I'm not sure it's worth it (more details on Helendar and Balogun would be useful).

I still think more business will be done tomorrow though.

Edited by Gonzo79

5 minutes ago, onevision said:

McGregor

Tav   Goldson   Souter   Barasic

Jack   Kamara

Aribo

Diallo   Kent   Sakala

😁

Remembering that a draw suits us more than them I'm not sure I would persist with three up front, at least not for the first 45 to 60 minutes. This feels set up for one of Walter Smith's classic "soak it up, hit on the break" games. The key is going to be denying space in defence and still competing in midfield. All being well we could revert to a more usual structure with Diallo or Sakala adding pace. 

McLaughlin

Tavernier   Goldson   Balogun   Barisic

Jack   Sands

Aribo Kamara Kent

Itten 

GVB record to continue, they’re the home team onus on them to win the game. 

McLaughlin

Tavernier   Goldson   Bassey   Barisic

Jack   Arfield

Aribo Kamara Kent

Sakala 

Edited by BEARGER

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Remembering that a draw suits us more than them I'm not sure I would persist with three up front, at least not for the first 45 to 60 minutes. This feels set up for one of Walter Smith's classic "soak it up, hit on the break" games. The key is going to be denying space in defence and still competing in midfield. All being well we could revert to a more usual structure with Diallo or Sakala adding pace. 

McLaughlin

Jack   Sands

Aribo Kamara Kent

Itten 

On current form we are not capable of soaking it up though.

As much as I am as worried as the rest of us over our defensive slip-ups and GVB tactics to sit on a lead instead of going on to kill an opponent, i watched the first half of the bheasts v arabs on saturday afternoon and the bheasts are truly awful. The game was 50/50 with United creating just as many good opportunities as them, and if we think our defence can be ropey, theirs is bloody rancid. 

It gave me a lot of comfort for Wednesday that all we need to do is turn up with the right attitude, cut out the individual errors, and we should win the match. I wont say comfortably as Gio will score and park the bus rather than go and kill them, but we should still win this match when looking at the two sides. We have to be very careful of the counter attack as they are very quick in transition but apart from that they create very little.

It is always difficult to look beyond a poor result like Saturday's.  However, Celtic needed a 96th minute winner at Dingwall not too long ago (yes, I know, at least they won).  But our 2nd half performance, from the start of the second half, was for the most part actually exceptional - with a more clinical striker County's 3rd goal in injury time is a consolation in a 5 or 6-3 drubbing.  It is that start to the second half we need, and we are clearly capable.

Celtic have been getting those late winners that we say wins you leagues - but they have had to do it fairly often which just adds pressure.

When you consider that their team is weakened just now whilst we "only" miss Morelos and, perhaps, Helander then we have little to fear.  And hopefully GvB has realised that Itten just isnt up to the task and he has to go with Roofe for the first hour, or even try Sakala through the middle.

I am still fairly confident that we will get a positive result on Wednesday - in fact, I am fairly confident we take 3 points.  We havent been playing well and they arent as good as they think.  That 2nd half performance has to be what FvB looks for from the start on Wednesday evening.  We get that, and we get 3 points IMHO.

17 hours ago, Bill said:

McLaughlin

Jack   Sands

Aribo Kamara Kent

Itten 

Itten wouldnt be near my starting XI and I think that I would replace Sands With Kamara, Kamara with Aribo and Aribo with Diallo - still wouldnt drop McGregor either

Other than that I agree :roflmao: