[FT] Dortmund 2 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 38pen; Morelos 41; Lundstram 49; Zagadou 54o.g.)

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Thank god for VAR that would have been a travesty if left up to the officials. 

VAR involves an official.  The penalty was an understandable error but the fourth goal - what was the linesman thinking!?

40 minutes ago, compo said:

Kent would be my man of the match 

Like Davy Cooper, the reason we put up with Kent's occasional sub par performances is we know he will now and then deliver a level of sublime brilliance that makes watching football worthwhile. The more you watch his contribution against Dortmund the better it gets.

I understand these guys are professionals and earning money is a paramount consideration but how do you replace what they've been through in Europe at a PL or Championship club in England. Most players never have the privilege of experiencing what they do and when all the boots have been hung up, that's what they'll carry with them forever.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

VAR involves an official.  The penalty was an understandable error but the fourth goal - what was the linesman thinking!?

The 4th was a joke absolutely nowhere near offside.

We nearly had a fifth after that with Aribo :D Cant believe I'm saying that about Rangers playing in Dortmund :D 

25 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

The 4th was a joke absolutely nowhere near offside.

We nearly had a fifth after that with Aribo :D Cant believe I'm saying that about Rangers playing in Dortmund :D 

We could have scored more for sure. they misses one good chance we missed a few. 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

With the best will in the world I'm not able to reflect on things that haven't yet happened.

I think it may very well be reflected on as such. Indeed all signs point to that so far. 

That could go horribly wrong in the next 6 days though. 

Edited by the gunslinger

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Reflecting on what's happen since that debacle at Parkhead, do you think the Celtic game might yet be seen as exactly what we needed?

Yes.  I think it was a wake-up call that we need to focus on each game and not be so passive at crucial times.   The manager has taken the metaphorical handbrake off to some extent, we look so much better with the full backs getting into forward positions more often.   And on top of that, we’ve got some crucial players returning to fitness. 

I’ve said to my mate that we need to keep the head and take each game as it comes.  Much as they’ve had a good spell, Celtic have had all the marginal breaks in their favour since the turn of the year, and arguably in December with one or two late goals. To me, there’s a fragility to their squad’s fitness and confidence.  It’s down to us to put in the performances we are capable of and put them under pressure.  

Edited by stewarty