[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Rangers (Aribo 76')

49 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Importantly Morelos is fit for Sunday - was a wee bit worried when he limped off last night.

Yeah me too. Hoped he might be hamming it up to waste time but it looked real enough. 

A huge game that i am nervous about. Just really hope we keep the pressing and tempo of recent games up. 

It’s always tough to win an away league match immediately after an away European match. We have very little time to recover, prepare and go again while our opponent usually has all week with only us on their mind.

While Thursday will live long in the mind, we need to be right at it today as our opponent certainly will.

Not to mention how badly we played last time at Tannadice, we owe this shower a beating. Team selection is going to be very interesting, does he go with the same team again, or mix it up a bit to keep the likes of Jack for Thursday? Kamara in for Jack is one change I wouldn’t be surprised to see, but I don’t think we can afford to be too far away from full strength to get the 3 points. We simply can’t afford any more dropped points before the bheasts drop points.

This is always a tough game due to the compact nature of the park but  with strong winds expected, the playing field will be more level than usual. 3 pts is a must of course as we need to maintain momentum and give them something to think about later today. I would go again with the structure from Thursday as the combative axis of Jack/Lundstrum/Arfield in midfield will suit the undoubted rough and tumble nature of this fixture. C'mon Rangers. Let's keep building on recent results!

PS. A lot rests on El Buffalo's broad shoulders. Hopefully the player from Thursday turns up today.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

38 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It’s always tough to win an away league match immediately after an away European match. We have very little time to recover, prepare and go again while our opponent usually has all week with only us on their mind.

While Thursday will live long in the mind, we need to be right at it today as our opponent certainly will.

Not to mention how badly we played last time at Tannadice, we owe this shower a beating. Team selection is going to be very interesting, does he go with the same team again, or mix it up a bit to keep the likes of Jack for Thursday? Kamara in for Jack is one change I wouldn’t be surprised to see, but I don’t think we can afford to be too far away from full strength to get the 3 points. We simply can’t afford any more dropped points before the bheasts drop points.

I would always focus on winning the game then look ahead to Thursday after that, if you need to make changes. As much the idea of knocking out Dortmund will grab headlines and earn a wider respect, 3pts today is more important due to the potential riches attached to securing the league and lucrative CL dollars.