[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 22 pen, 57) - 2 Dortmund

Deep depression at half time, I could not see how we could change it?

We could not retain possession, blind clearances from our box had no depth, we were failing to turn Dortmund, .......... etc. It was a procession towards our goal.

Bassey's move to left back gave us an out ball. He takes it in, a couple of give and goes and your fifty yards up the park. Further, he is quite cute at winning free kicks. As soon as Alfie and Kent had the ball, Dortmund were turning.

Even the Subway Loyal stayed to the end last night and joined in the post match celebrations.

9 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Points probably. I think earnings are for progress at this stage.

The coefficient system for those playoff rounds is contrived even by UEFA standards. No points awarded for the actual results, but we are guaranteed a bonus point for reaching the last 16 proper. We're currently sitting on 9 for the campaign.

I'm delighted with GVB and the management team above all. At half time I said on here that we need to make a big change because this isn't working, they are going to score again.

The first half was similar to Parkhead, the goals were inevitable because they were getting straight through us and had loads of space in the final third. The system simply wasn't working. In fact, the only criticism I have is do we really have to wait till half time to make the change that clearly needs made? Celtic was the same, we waited till the game was out of sight.

In any case, GVB's "plan C" was brilliant and it is great to have a manager who is flexible enough to change system mid-game. He deserves all the praise and it's given me hope that he has what it takes to bring the title home. 

32 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Even the Subway Loyal stayed to the end last night and joined in the post match celebrations

I am not a member of the subway loyal and stay to the end in ALL games,as I did last night.Must admit that I only held back for a couple of minutes though and was delighted to more or less get straight on to subway when I got there.

Glad that was the case as I am not getting any younger and a long stand in in a queue would have been hard after being on my feet for whole game.:yesrfc:

What a game and atmosphere a night to remember.

32 minutes ago, Thinker said:

The coefficient system for those playoff rounds is contrived even by UEFA standards. No points awarded for the actual results, but we are guaranteed a bonus point for reaching the last 16 proper. We're currently sitting on 9 for the campaign.

We do get country coefficient points for individual results, it is only club coefficient points that are awarded only for progressing to the next round.

We got 0.4 points for Scotland for the win in Germany and 0.2 for the draw last night. Serbia are behind us and still have Red Star and Partizan competing. They get 0.5 points for a win because they have fewer teams competing in Europe so their points aren't diluted as much as ours. This blasted Conference League is going to sink Scotland's coefficient.

Edited by DMAA

13 hours ago, onevision said:

Clearly see the ref didn't know what decision to make as he was walking from the sceen after viewing, could almost hear his thoughts saying....goal foul goal foul goal....fuck it i'll give a foul.

As i said yesterday, he wasn`t getting any real help from the VAR pictures, since he didn`t get the view from behind. Can see it here ... 7.00 mins in and the commentators say that the ref didn`t see the revealing angle.

https://streamable.com/a7q643