• Ryan Jack
    • John Lundstram
    • Scott Arfield
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Leon Balogun
    • Glen Kamara

First half wasn't great but the team certainly delivered after half-time and you could easily pick from several players again.

Kent, Morelos, Jack, Tav and Balogun were all immense during that period and helped us grab the win but I'm going for big Calvin Bassey who despite once again being moved out of position during the game, did a fantastic job out on the left hand side.  Where Barisic struggled to get us forward, Bassey wasn't afraid to take the ball and use his physique and no small skill to beat his man and create uncertainty for the Germans.

What a diamond we've found!

I went for Bassey as well, he's really turning into a player for us. He has great feet for a big man and great strength too. I'm beginning to think left back is the better position for him than CB, though weve probably not seen enough of him to know. There were many outstanding candidates though. Morelos could also have got MOTM his strength holding the ball up was excellent and he did really well for the goal that was wrongly disallowed by VAR.

Morelos and Kent were the 2 that performed throughout the game. I'm going for Morelos as he battled away so bravely on his own and largely dominated the much taller Hummels and was always an out for us, and did superbly at the third "goal". 

Once again our new midfield partnership got through an absolute storm of work and that was no small contribution from McGregor either. In fact it would be a lot quicker to note who didn't shine last night but the standouts were surely Balogun, Bassey, Kent, Morelos and Tavernier. It would be wrong to opt for anyone but the captain as MOTM on this occasion. That was real leadership last night. And what a night it was.