Rangers pull out of Sydney Super Cup

4 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Like it or not there is a symbiotic relationship between the clubs which would be fractured in one or the other went out of business. The OF derby was once listed by 4-4-2 magazine as the 3rd most fierce in the world after Real-Barca and River-Independiente. I see this as a great marketing opportunity; we are not a fan-owned club (yet) - we are a commercial business. 

Does it make business sense to participate in a tournament with your biggest rivals if they are going to make more money from it than us as is rumoured?

25 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Does it make business sense to participate in a tournament with your biggest rivals if they are going to make more money from it than us as is rumoured?

No, but it's just a rumour.

I could start a rumour that we're getting more money than them if that helps?

30 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Like it or not there is a symbiotic relationship between the clubs which would be fractured in one or the other went out of business. The OF derby was once listed by 4-4-2 magazine as the 3rd most fierce in the world after Real-Barca and River-Independiente. I see this as a great marketing opportunity; we are not a fan-owned club (yet) - we are a commercial business. 

Like it or not, that died when they tried to kill us! and for the last 10 years have continued to not recognise us as Rangers! refuse to use our name or refer to the old firm, their directors included!.

But the worst part of it all is that disgusting club are now going through the courts for decades of child abuse! I have no idea what the victims of that child abuse are thinking when they read about this money making stunt? I can only assume horrified!!, we should play no part in this cash grab! if we are really that short of cash then I am very worried about the financial state of our club!!.

I'd be surprised if there's any disparity in the finances - our board seem to be all over that aspect of things these last couple of years - so I'd treat it as shit stirring just now.

In principle, its not a bad idea given the large ex-pat community out there who will never get a chance to see either club in action.

But.... Celtic utterly hate us. There used to be a mutual respect amongst the clubs and players, even those brought up in the traditions of both clubs, those die-hard players that would be figures of hate on the pitch for the opposing fans, but that disappeared a long time ago. Their current board pander to their fans about the use of the Old Firm, sevco and won't even use our name, so why on earth we would want to do anything with them like this?

Its really a bad look for the board and with the way things are going on the pitch, it could make for some really toxic home games depending on the next few results.

The whole thing was badly handled yesterday too - we let Celtic set the narrative and didn't respond to this story when leaked.

We gave sunk to a new low both on the park with dismal team performances, and now we are prostituting ourselves by getting into bed with a club that tried to grind us into the dust ,shameful or shameless take your pick .