Rangers pull out of Sydney Super Cup

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

From a purely economic perspective, there isn't much wrong with what he said.  Marketing men don't give a flying f*ck about history or rivalry.

We all want the club to maximise revenue and spend big because it means we'll sign better players and win things.  

For most of us though, the positives of this particular financial opportunity are heavily outweighed by the negative aspects (associating with scum and playing domestic matches overseas).  

Well i think from an economic perspective, it can be argued that taking part in this for a little cash boost is fairly short term in that

1) our direct rivals are also involved and will get the same (or greater?) cash boost

2) our direct rivals are embarking on partnerships with Australian broadcasters (https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19967743.celtic-seal-partnership-major-australian-entertainment-company/) and as such look to be one step ahead of us.. again

3) this is already being marketed down under as 'anges homecoming' and not Rangers V Celtic 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Celtc need it more than us. 

Whoever wins the league won't need this at all.

It's odd that so many have been taken in by a yahoo scribe who says they're getting more than us.  I was brought up to never trust a yahoo.  

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Whoever wins the league won't need this at all.

It's odd that so many have been taken in by a yahoo scribe who says they're getting more than us.  I was brought up to never trust a yahoo.  

No way are they getting more. 

Who said they were?

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

To be fair the due diligence required to learn that was extremely onerous.

Well, more work than tweeting anyway.

14 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I am actually more concerned that this is an unwarranted distraction from the main job in hand.  I don't want us to do it either but let's be a bit more savvy about it. 

You might be right but it's not the supporters' doing and the solution is obvious.