Rangers pull out of Sydney Super Cup

I didn't think too much about it when I first heard tbh.  I thought it would be nice for our Aussie fans to see the team live and it would be a good commercial move.  However, having heard very valid objections from our fans I am convinced this should not be happening and can't believe how naive I was in the first place.  It would seem the Board were also duped.

I do not condone on any level the behaviour of some of our fans at away grounds and the club need to deal with this before it becomes much more serious.  The Board have caused this by refusing to engage with the fans leaving them with no voice.  It is a dangerous path they are on.

I absolutely condone the protest by Rangers fans at  Dens Park. In fact I congratulate them on their action and hope they will step up these protests in future.

It's understandable that the usual suspects should get all pissy about interruptions in play, and wring their hands in pious indignation. However, the board got us into this mess and should be reminded loud and long and often that, having ignored the support when they arranged this friendly, the can't do so any longer. What the streamers and tennis balls did was ensure the wider public could see our anger and make it impossible for our directors to sweep this issue under the carpet, as I'm sure they would love to.

It has to stop as the Board will continue to rubber the fans but the SPFL/SFA are likely to intervene,IMO.

What if,hypothetically,they take action in the way of deducting points these protests would then actively cost us the league.

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

It has to stop as the Board will continue to rubber the fans but the SPFL/SFA are likely to intervene,IMO.

What if,hypothetically,they take action in the way of deducting points these protests would then actively cost us the league.

That’s not going to happen

4 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I don't disagree with regards to the protests Bill, but bringing back the daft songs can jog on.

You can say that and I might agree with you but we both know that many people habitually seek out the least subtle means of sending a message. Ironically it's the very embarrassment you refer to rather than the message that might yet persuade the board that opening a chasm between themselves and the support is unacceptable to all.