MotM vs Crvena zvezda

MotM vs Crvena Zvezda  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MotM vs Crvena Zvezda?

• Allan McGregor
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Leon Balogun
    • Connor Goldson
    • James Tavernier
    • John Lundstram
    • Ryan Jack
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ryan Kent
    • Joe Aribo
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • James Sands
    • Fashion Sakala

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

I felt only 3 players didn't qualify for contention this time. A case could be made for all the rest. Tavernier was outstanding, the Jack & Lundstram partnership continues to excel, Goldson and Balogun both played well and adapted to the changing defensive formations, McGregor confounded his critics with fantastic saves, while Kent and Morelos terrorised their defence. Having re-watched much of the game, I've gone for Ryan Jack, who always seemed to be where he was needed and despite their penalty award.

There's also a need to mention young James Sands, who came on in an arena of noise and passion but looked as composed and capable as anyone. This fellow is clearly a star in the making.

It's been obvious for a while that Aribo and Kamara both look in dire need of a rest to recharge their batteries. These are good players who made little impact on the game and continuing to play them week after week is doing no favours to them or the team

Totally agree with sands.  First time ive seen him and he certainly looks the part.

23 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

neither given as fouls. 

in Scotland both would have been bookings. 

You are probably correct.

The officials' catechism reading, on page one:

Rangers? Check.

Morelos? Check. 

Fantastic team performance , but thought Tav shaded it , there were a host of notable performers , just hope we can keep this going and start getting some breaks in the league .

Tav played a crossfield pass to Sakala (I think) near the end of the match - it looked incredible from where I was (GF1).

I'll need to look out for highlights to get a better view of it.

Edited by Gonzo79

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Tav played a crossfield pass to Sakala (I think) near the end of the match - it looked incredible from where I was (GF1).

You are correct, whether it was intentional or not is another story but what a pass.

Every player played well, our keeper also had an excellent match especially with all the slating he has received(wrongly IMO) lately.

Could pick any player really, however I think Tav was a real captain last night, scored & an assist, but his overall performance was incredible, what a servant he has been to Rangers.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

it was utter filth. Simply ridiculous.  only ever seen one pass like it before and that was Kewell for leeds years ago. 

If we had scored from it no better goal would have ever have been scored.