SFA Hire Hawk-Eye

The last couple of weeks in the EPL have shown how badly VAR can get things wrong. Add to that the inherent bias and dishonesty of football in Scotland and you have just another means of arriving at decisions that favour Celtic and disadvantage Rangers.

What we need, albeit it'll never happen, is how they use TMOs (television match officials) in rugby. It's all about communication and transparency. You hear the referee talk to the TMO, what they've seen and what type of decision they think is warranted asking the TMO to verify the decision through  series of replays. In my opinion the communication and transparency of this process would (help to) eliminate wrong (and biased) decisions. 

Edited by weebluedevil

57 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

What we need, albeit it'll never happen, is how they use TMOs (television match officials) in rugby. It's all about communication and transparency. You hear the referee talk to the TMO, what they've seen and what type of decision they think is warranted asking the TMO to verify the decision through  series of replays. In my opinion the communication and transparency of this process would (help to) eliminate wrong (and biased) decisions. 

Sounds a good idea but at Ibrox the loudspeaker system is crap so it would not make any difference IMO.

I thought it was amusing when FA Cup matches at EPL stadiums used VAR but those at stadiums of clubs below the EPL didn't.

I have no doubts VAR in Scotland wouldn't rid us of crap officials or poor decisions.