[FT] Crvena zvezda 2 - 1 Rangers (Kent 56)

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's a good team but I'd play Sands instead of Aribo.

Happy enough with Sands instead of one of the more defensively minded players but I'm hoping a week's rest will have refreshed big Joe and he could play an important role in linking the play tonight.

13 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Arfield if fit for kamara

May depend on the system.  Kamara has played a bit further forward during periods of some games so Arfield may be more agreeable if he's deployed with a more attacking outlook.  I think Aribo will fulfil that role though with Jack and Kamara covering the wing backs; especially if Lundstram makes a central defensive three.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Happy enough with Sands instead of one of the more defensively minded players but I'm hoping a week's rest will have refreshed big Joe and he could play an important role in linking the play tonight.

Aribo and his ability to hold on to or retain the ball will be invaluable tonight.

Does anyone else think we should be going 3-5-2? In both the Dortmund and Red Star game we suddenly looked rock solid when we switched to 3-5-2, after looking incredibly vulnerable in 4-3-3. We didn't lose our attacking threat either. It's a no brainer for me tonight with a 3 goal lead away from home.

Something like,

McGregor

Sands Goldson Balogun 

Tavernier                            Bassey

Jack    Lundstram

Aribo

Morelos      Kent

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

May depend on the system.  Kamara has played a bit further forward during periods of some games so Arfield may be more agreeable if he's deployed with a more attacking outlook.  I think Aribo will fulfil that role though with Jack and Kamara covering the wing backs; especially if Lundstram makes a central defensive three.

I'll be a lot happier with arfield in the side.  Hell get stuck in in what I see as going to a very physical game.   As I said earlier I would still go with aribo.  We will need his physical  strength tonight.    Kamara can go missing in action when the going gets tough,  I'd leave him out of the starting 11

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Crvena zvezda v Rangers
1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Does anyone else think we should be going 3-5-2? In both the Dortmund and Red Star game we suddenly looked rock solid when we switched to 3-5-2, after looking incredibly vulnerable in 4-3-3. We didn't lose our attacking threat either. It's a no brainer for me tonight with a 3 goal lead away from home.

Something like,

McGregor

Sands Goldson Balogun 

Tavernier                            Bassey

Jack    Lundstram

Aribo

Morelos      Kent

The starting line up can be deployed as a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3 so plenty flexibility.