Two bald men (Club 1872 and Rangers FC) fight over a comb

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Did we not play in a tournament at the start of last season in Lyon that Celtic were involved in?

Or is this tournament different because they’re getting a bigger fee?

Disingenuous at best.

2 minutes ago, blueflag said:

Disingenuous at best.

If they are getting a bigger fee then yes we should be negotiating to withdraw. 
But it does suggest naivety at least on our commercial dept in the first instance 

38 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

But it does suggest naivety at least on our commercial dept in the first instance 

Bigger fee, same fee, less fee

We should withdraw 

I find it hard to get angry at Bisgrove as he's just doing his job and seems to be very good at it.

What I can't fathom is how this idea ever got through the initial stage of "do you think we should consider this?"

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Apart from a WhatsApp message a few weeks ago, who says they're getting a bigger fee? I thought that had been rubbished and I'd be amazed if something like this was ever a go-er unless there was transparency about the money involved.

32 minutes ago, ascender said:

Apart from a WhatsApp message a few weeks ago, who says they're getting a bigger fee? I thought that had been rubbished and I'd be amazed if something like this was ever a go-er unless there was transparency about the money involved.

I think it’s been circulating in the media they’re getting a bigger fee. If that’s the case we should reconsider our position.
And yet another question mark against our commercial department 

33 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think it’s been circulating in the media they’re getting a bigger fee. If that’s the case we should reconsider our position.
And yet another question mark against our commercial department 

I wasn't aware of that at all. I saw a WhatsApp message which was then rubbished by a few reliable sources on social media. I'd no idea It was something which was "circulating in the media".

I'd still be very surprised if there was any truth in it tbh. Anybody with a reasonable following can start a rumour these days and the way this one happened just stunk of something one of the "sevco obsessed" would do.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

They have had other commercial link ups over and above the syndey cup as a result of the event. How much this benefits them financially or at all is unknown but its an example of how our board have not thought this through as a concept. Had we still had the likes of Craig Moore, Tony Vidmar or the likes I could have seen how this would have been an opportunity for us to expand in a similar manner. But one club has a high profile player and manager from Australia and one club does not. It doesnt take a genius to figure they may get additional commercial opportunity's. 

34 minutes ago, ascender said:

I wasn't aware of that at all. I saw a WhatsApp message which was then rubbished by a few reliable sources on social media. I'd no idea It was something which was "circulating in the media".

I'd still be very surprised if there was any truth in it tbh. Anybody with a reasonable following can start a rumour these days and the way this one happened just stunk of something one of the "sevco obsessed" would do.

..... even the Rangers Board of Directors

23 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Did we not play in a tournament at the start of last season in Lyon that Celtic were involved in?

Or is this tournament different because they’re getting a bigger fee?

We did. 

More reasons to stay away from them since then. 

This is a game v them.