Two bald men (Club 1872 and Rangers FC) fight over a comb

2 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

We are where we are not because as you claim Bisgrove failed to inform himself but because others who should know better failed to inform him. To absolve everyone bar Bisgrove of their responsibilities in this is frankly bizarre. 

The fact is you have no idea who did or didn't inform Bisgrove of likely fan reaction, so why say so? And it's not a case of absolving everyone else, it's a matter of Bisgrove shouldering the responsibilities inherent in his role as director.

5 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Where was the leadership from the top in this? Where is what masquerades as the PR Department? Perhaps one day the powers that be will realise the utter folly of the perpetual penny pinching in this field, but I suppose as long as Graham's shouting "No Surrender" every now and again it'll appease enough.

You seem determined to pass the buck upwards but in this matter Bisgrove IS the top. Or do you think we have directors who have to get approval for their actions? Where I will agree is that, with Bisgrove having committed the clusterfûck, more senior directors should immediately have taken control and sorted this out one way or another. You need to distinguish between creating the problem and dealing with it afterwards.

10 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

To blame Bisgrove for this is akin to blaming Derek MacKay for the non ferries when neither has the remit to do what they're being blamed for.

Utter tosh.

25 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

would we agree getting less than celtc for this trip would be lousy if true?

With respect, that's an irrelevance. The reason this friendly in Australia is an issue at all is because a great many supporters think it is and they expressed a hugely negative reaction long before anyone floated to idea of different earnings.

19 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

not if celtc are getting more and the club have done nothing to defend that report. Maybe we aren't and then you are right. 

Internet pish, until any credible source reports otherwise .

I couldn't care less what the deal is, the Sydney cup is an embarrassing howler, that the board aught to have foreseen. 

My question was, that aside, what are the other "lousy" deals that Bisgrove has brokered?

Perhaps, RR was just referring to the Rolf Harris and using a plural,  if so then fair enough,  I just wondered if I had missed something. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

With respect, that's an irrelevance. The reason this friendly in Australia is an issue at all is because a great many supporters think it is and they expressed a hugely negative reaction long before anyone floated to idea of different earnings.

Not to what I quoted but in a wider sense yes of course. 

22 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

A poor commercial deal which doesn’t produce revenue which might be expected.

Castore the main one

Time will tell, you prefer to go back to the days of Scott Steadman and the associated drop in revenue? What players do you want to be sold to make up the difference?

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

The fact is you have no idea who did or didn't inform Bisgrove of likely fan reaction, so why say so? And it's not a case of absolving everyone else, it's a matter of Bisgrove shouldering the responsibilities inherent in his role as director.

You think that your particular ignorance has to belong to everyone else too?

You seem determined to pass the buck upwards but in this matter Bisgrove IS the top. Or do you think we have directors who have to get approval for their actions? Where I will agree is that, with Bisgrove having committed the clusterfûck, more senior directors should immediately have taken control and sorted this out one way or another. You need to distinguish between creating the problem and dealing with it afterwards.

Bisgrove is not a native of this parish, he simply isn't au fait with the realpolitik in the West of Scotland, those around him are non so more than our alleged head of PR and Communication and that's the main cause of the clusterf*&k lays.

Utter tosh.

Tis exactly what you're doing.

4 hours ago, gaspard said:

My question was, that aside, what are the other "lousy" deals that Bisgrove has brokered?

A bit-coin partner who didn't have an English language website? 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

A bit-coin partner who didn't have an English language website? 

Fair, enough, tbh I didn't engage because I don’t understand these things,  take it, it wasn’t successful.