Two bald men (Club 1872 and Rangers FC) fight over a comb

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'd suggest that a majority of the statement is irrelevant and is mainly about the fact that C1872 no longer have a relationship with the club.

Possibly, but very relevant questions were asked and need answered. 

Maybe someone closer to the affairs will tell me more facts, but I for one are not of the opinion that our Board or our Chief Executive do anything that will harm our club. That idea of the Old Firm game in Sydney - 8+ months away, if at all happening - was surely rather ill advised an idea (and I don`t know how it actually come about) and not talking to the fan base before announcing the idea, never mind the event as such, as well. Likewise, I would assume that Dave King, Club1872 and the Sons of Struth want the best for the club, though by the looks of it, they are working on different wavelengths. Still, what came next was IMHO sad party/faction "infighting" that went far too toxic from the word go. For someone looking from the outside, it is hard to understand why these people hare after the club in the manner they do, instead of asking / demanding talks with the relevant people, who obviously should answer to them. But there are sure better ways to do this than to fling statements about.

On first look, I thought the club`s statement ws about the idiots through tennis balls and paper onto the pitch at Dens Park, when I read that line about people craving a role at the club. Honestly, that is a poor way of communicating with the public, said people and the fans. If anything, all parties concerned need to get to a table and speak with one another in a civilized manner, while the public finger-pointing and accusations need to stop. Or at least postpone it till after the season.

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

An interesting PR play from King:

James Bisgrove, the Rangers commercial director, attempted to justify the trip in a club TV interview last month as he highlighted the benefits to the bottom line of Giovanni van Bronckhorst's side heading to Oz and taking on their Old Firm rivals.

Bisgrove said: “To put some context around this, we’ve spoken before and Stewart Robertson has spoken before about the broadcasting and media values here in Scotland and the club’s view on that has been well documented.

"The participation in this event over eight days will benefit the club to the same level as an entire season in the SPFL Premiership for two friendly games.

“So when we talk about wanting to maximise the commercial potential of this football club we felt this was an opportunity that really helps us to achieve that ambition.

“We have spoken before about this season being one we can achieve a very high revenue target commercially.

"We have spoken about this at the AGM around the £27.9m which is far higher than we have ever achieved before and this is another step to allow us to maximise some of that potential as a club."

Would there be any sort of grievance if we were to play Porto, Bayern, or Real instead of the Scum in this tournament?

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

An interesting PR play from King:

This offer definitely wont come without caveats. Things have changed pretty quickly from 'I cant be involved at rangers as its hard to get my money out of South Africa' to 'I'll pay millions to cancel this friendly' pretty quickly. 

This is just more nonsense we don't need at a crucial part of the season. The club is still financially entirely reliant on Europe. We will have to punt out best players in the summer at reduced fees due to their contract status. The squad needs a massive rebuild. Maybe the focus should be on that.

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

No that isn't what is was saying. 

I was saying i used to trust the current boards version of events re Club 1872. Not anymore. 

Why's that? What's made you change your mind?