Two bald men (Club 1872 and Rangers FC) fight over a comb

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I also don't get the SDM comparison.

- inactivity unless it's them that's been targeted for criticism. 

- Ticket Centre / Sales a complete and utter shambles.

- MyGers nothing more than a money making exercise.

- Customer Service non-existent.

- refusal to discuss safe standing.

- treating fans like customers. 

- utter disdain of fans suggestions and opinions.

- inability or unwilling to tackle the disability access / viewing at Ibrox.

- inability or unwilling to defend club and fans. 

- no communication / fan engagement other than buy this, buy that, buy the next thing. 

- no club display for 150 - all fan financed and set up etc.

Could go on but that'll do for starters. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I get that people are upset about the friendly and yesterday's statement, but it seems a massive leap from that to suggest that the board have been dishonest. 

As for the cash cows comment, of course the board are trying to maximise income. We've made massive losses and would continue to do so unless income is increased or we have a significant decrease in onfield quality. I'm not sure what you expect the board to do, the issue of the friendly notwithstanding. 

I also don't get the SDM comparison.

it's not the that they want our cash that's the issue it's that they want it despite having zero respect for us. 

they want us to put this issue aside until season book cash is in like good little rumps. 

Sit down shut up and pay up. 

I used to think we were in great hands. 

6 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Bisgroves cut of this deal is probably 200-300k

Yup, salesman,  call it commission or bonus,  he'll be on a percentage that's why he reacted so badly to the Rolf Harris reception, it was obvious, the protests were a threat to his pocket and he couldn't hide it, definitely not a poker player. 

I have no direct knowledge but just looking at how things are operating at Ibrox,  it could be speculated that Mr B is perhaps a little to enthusiastic in regards to revenue growth, the antipodean monstrosity speaks for itself but personally I'm absolutely sick of the marketing bombardment,  how many tops released since 55? 6 that I can think of, its beyond saturation. And my ST has more than doubled in price.

Needs a bit of strong management i would say, but does our current structure have that capability?

We need a ceo, not a md, somebody with gravitas, saavy and a robust pedigree.  A leader not a administrator. 

Bisgrove’s reputation among the support will never recover from this and you can expect him to move on soon. Which is a pity since he does appear to have real talent, just no appreciation of the environment in which he operates. He’s finished at Rangers and the board if it has any sense would cut its losses and undo this self-imposed fiasco. 

The way this could have been handled---as soon as Bisgrove had learned of the kangaroo stuff his headline to fans could have bee:-

To all fans we are pleased to announce Rangers have been invited to participate in a tournament in Australia.

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Bisgroves cut of this deal is probably 200-300k

Surely not. That would be a return to the Martin Bain school of management. 

But it would certainly be an interesting question to ask

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surely not. That would be a return to the Martin Bain school of management. 

But it would certainly be an interesting question to ask

clearly we are getting 2-3 million for it. is 10% unreasonable as a bonus/commission?

you will know these things better than me. 

26 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

clearly we are getting 2-3 million for it. is 10% unreasonable as a bonus/commission?

you will know these things better than me. 

I would say no bonus should ever be paid for performing one specific task, only for delivering overall targets for a full financial period. A bonus for arranging one contract would be ridiculous and barely honest.