16 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Of course we deserve the best but we must remember the Manager/The Board etc. are not the ones on the field,they are the ones letting us down with their play.

Leadership comes from the top. 

The players take a share of the responsibility but are they being coached correctly? 

If they are and continually not performing, why does the manger keep selecting the same players? Lack of leadership if this is the case.

Recruitment question -

why did we take Amad on loan? Not a dig at him, he is a young player who a lot of people within the game believe has a great future. We take him and he's played about 2 hours in total.

Compare and contrast to their recruitment and the impact they've had. 

Of course leadership comes from the top,I agree<but if the employees let standards drop they are to blame.

Selecting experienced is normal,but many have let us down and need moved on,no use going into names.

However with transfer windows it is not easy.

24 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Of course leadership comes from the top,I agree<but if the employees let standards drop they are to blame.

Selecting experienced is normal,but many have let us down and need moved on,no use going into names.

However with transfer windows it is not easy.

We have a very good number 2 goalkeeper. Why doesn t he get a run given our number 1 has cost us numerous goals and points this season? It appears our defenders no longer trust him.

We brought Amad on loan and never used him. Sakala and Roofe are criminally underused and this has resulted in Alfie sustaining a long-term injury. Steve Davis is another who has been underused. Our manager doesn't appear to know what his best centre defensive partnership is. He either doesn t use his subs or makes confusing changes.

There are other examples but big managers make big calls - Gio's first in my opinion was to drop Greegs and by not doing so has cost us.

Edited by CammyF

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

As a Rangers fan I believe our club deserves the best. We are and always have been the standard setters, the team who played the correct way and who had leaders in the boardroom, in the managers office and on the pitch. 

I'll never apologies for wanting that to continue and I'll never apologies for criticising when we don't have the best people in place, and no matter how you dress it up, we don't have the best people in place at the moment. 

I understand entirely and really I can't argue with a word you say .... but the one thing we always have to find a way to face is the future and that can't always be painted black or there would be no point going on.

There's a lot of debate about whether GvB is a suitable replacement for SG. Tbh I'm not sure what that even means because, except for one league title, Gerrard achieved so little at Rangers and the disappointments during his tenure were routine. I really liked Gerrard but let's not kid ourselves that we filled the trophy cupboard when he was here. Gio has a completely different personality and it may not be to everyone's liking but I find it hard to judge him as a Rangers manager at this stage. The team on the park is clearly struggling to find its best form but that was also true for Gerrard's first 2 seasons and the first half of this season too. I think the truth is we need a better manager than Gerrard and it will take another season at least before we know if Gio is that man. Mistakes have been made at all levels of the club this season but there are no magic wands and we only have our own renewed efforts to fall back on. 

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

There's a lot of debate about whether GvB is a suitable replacement for SG. Tbh I'm not sure what that even means because, except for one league title, Gerrard achieved so little at Rangers and the disappointments during his tenure were routine. I really liked Gerrard but let's not kid ourselves that we filled the trophy cupboard when he was here. Gio has a completely different personality and it may not be to everyone's liking but I find it hard to judge him as a Rangers manager at this stage. The team on the park is clearly struggling to find its best form but that was also true for Gerrard's first 2 seasons and the first half of this season too. I think the truth is we need a better manager than Gerrard and it will take another season at least before we know if Gio is that man. Mistakes have been made at all levels of the club this season but there are no magic wands and we only have our own renewed efforts to fall back on. 

Bill....stop being so fucking sensible all the fucking time.🙃

Edited by onevision
Add emo

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

Personally, I think SG done a great job as he inherited a complete and utter shambles. 

We were 3rd in the league behind them and Aberdeen, were knocked our of Europe by Progress and were on the end of 4 and 5 goal thrashing most times we played them.

Firstly SG stabilised us, got us performing in Europe and found a way to beat Celtic. 

He then built upon this with further progress in Europe and getting us closer in the league. 

He then won the league as well as progressing in Europe. 

His results in domestic cup compitions were terrible but when you win the league, you can live with that. 

Gio inherited a team that had just won the league, who were top of the league and still involved in Europe. 

The board didn't back SG in the  summer (the reason he left IMO) and didn't back Gio in the winter. 

Throughout SGs tenure, you could see progression, all I've seen since Gio took over is regression.

Could be a tough month for us and Gio as if we fail to progress in Europe, get knocked out the Scottish and fall further behind in the league it will disastrous.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Throughout SGs tenure, you could see progression

Except his first 2 trophyless seasons when the team chucked it big time ... and the first half of this season when we couldn't come close to the achievements of last. 

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Except his first 2 trophyless seasons when the team chucked it big time ... and the first half of this season when we couldn't come close to the achievements of last. 

But in those seasons, we did progress both domestically and especially in Europe. 

We found a way to defeat Celtic and that was the launch pad to winning  the league last season. 

We were top of the league when he left after beating Celtic (again) with a Covid ravaged squad when most Rangers fans were predicting Celtic giving us a thrashing. 

Gerrard had his faults, but it's undeniable he took us from being an utter shambles to Champions and got us respect in Europe. 

He also left the club in a far better place than when he joined. Defending Champions with a 6 point lead in the league, not a bad time to take over IMO.