1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Where does the £16M for NP fit in? 

£12m or £13m? There's no sign of the add-ons becoming payable. That'll help fund the loss and hopefully we'll make a profit, and hopefully some can be used for transfers, but it also depends on when we get the cash and next season's cash flow.

You said earlier that we were told that all the cash would be available to spend. It seems crazy if they did say that as there's no way they can do that and it's PR bullshit that's not helpful.

21 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

This sense of entitlement, that you expect the board to fund things like the youth system of the stadium out of their own pocket will discourage future investors. It's also a bit hypocritical to expect them to spend more of their own cash on such things while refusing to buy Mygers, which of course is a money making exercise. The club needs every penny it can get so why not introduce a scheme that raises more cash?

It is a bit of an oxymoron.  yes, the fans provide the vast majority of revenue.  However, the Board have also spent a ton of money on the very things I mentioned.  Now they are to be a "given" - at the same time, we are trying to advise against the financial profligacy that previous custodians operated under.  Which is it to be, because we can't genuinely have our cake and to eat it.

The Oz trip was absolutely a disaster - however, if we want to maximise our finances nd become self-sustaining it is exactly the type of thing we need to do - just so happened that the club didnt realise just how little we actually want that cash when Celtic are part of the commitment to realising it.

Same with the Bitci NFT's.  Can't blame the club for trying to cash in on them and nobody was forced to buy them.  Every other major club have done likewise including Napoli, AC Milan, Man City - yet C1872 bemoaned it.  The same C1872 who wanted to buy King's shares and see none of that cash go directly to the club.

We really are, as a fanbase, a walking hypocrisy

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So if they fail to improve OUR club despite a growing list of issues that are not being addressed, we just sit back and say, "acht this is the best we can get?" Surely that's not the Rangers we want or indeed need. 

How do you know they arent being addressed ?  I can tell you for FACT that the Academy is far, far better run now than it was 3 or 4 years ago.  They actually managed to REDUCE the cost at the Academy and INCREASE the support given to players in the structure.  I know some of the guys in there personally and they work tirelessly for the club, for the kids and to get the most out of them.  They just took a U13 or U14 team to Manchester and beat City 4-3.  The Academy is functioning.... Gilmour, Patterson, King, Lowry are examples of that working.  That is just one example - but some of our fans will still scream that the academy is shit.

Are there concerns ?  Absolutely.  Some of those things can be improved without money, or without significant money.  Some however need investment - and the custodians will have to decide between a or b, not both.  Fact of life when running a business that has to manage their finances wisely.

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

£12m or £13m? There's no sign of the add-ons becoming payable. That'll help fund the loss and hopefully we'll make a profit, and hopefully some can be used for transfers, but it also depends on when we get the cash and next season's cash flow.

You said earlier that we were told that all the cash would be available to spend. It seems crazy if they did say that as there's no way they can do that and it's PR bullshit that's not helpful.

I dont recall them saying all those funds from NP sale would be available to spend - happy to be corrected though

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

You're simply stating the obvious. What do you want to do about it that's practically possible and isn't simply expressing regret?

Not allow key assets to get into the last year of their contracts and depreciate in value, and not lose them for free moving forward. We simply cant afford to spend money like we did on Kent for him to walk away for free or a cut priced transfer.

I may be wrong or in the minority (wouldn't be the first time for either 😀), but isn't it the Executive Boards job to look at ways to improve the club and to move it forward financially? 

It's not "entitlement" or having our cake and eating it, it's simply wanting the best for our club and holding the board accountable. 

So many things wrong with the club and one being any medium to long-term goals or vision. 

The Aussie friendly was the final straw for many. Whilst we all know we need money, but why choose to help fund our rivals at the same time? 

Would a historic touriment against genuine friends of our club create much less? Say Rangers, Arsenal, Hamburg and D.Kiev - weekend of football at Ibrox. Sensible priced tickets, merch, catering, sponsorship, TV coverage, corporate - can't be far off £3M and would have almost 100% fan engagement

19 minutes ago, craig said:

How do you know they arent being addressed ?  I can tell you for FACT that the Academy is far, far better run now than it was 3 or 4 years ago.  They actually managed to REDUCE the cost at the Academy and INCREASE the support given to players in the structure.  I know some of the guys in there personally and they work tirelessly for the club, for the kids and to get the most out of them.  They just took a U13 or U14 team to Manchester and beat City 4-3.  The Academy is functioning.... Gilmour, Patterson, King, Lowry are examples of that working.  That is just one example - but some of our fans will still scream that the academy is shit.

Are there concerns ?  Absolutely.  Some of those things can be improved without money, or without significant money.  Some however need investment - and the custodians will have to decide between a or b, not both.  Fact of life when running a business that has to manage their finances wisely.

I said things may be happening behind the scenes. 

As for player investment, check out Ross Wilson interview where he says something like "There is absolutely no need to sell any players and money received for SG and NP would be reinvested in the squad"

As for all other issues I mentioned, they aren't being addressed as we have to deal with them on a day to day basis. 

IIRC the disabled match day experience was raised at the AGM and the fan that raised it said it was the 6th year he has raised it. 6 years or our wheelchair fans sitting in front of West Enclosure getting soaked to the skin with access issue to Ibrox and Car Park. 

Customer service and ticketing shambles - fans missing games as they can't get website to work. Ticket office with no direct contact number only connectable via email.

Lately we've had our head of communications saying an embarrassing club statement attributed to him was written, signed off and published by the board without his knowledge. 

Honestly, we are becoming an omi-shambles 

Edited by CammyF

2 hours ago, craig said:

Not Weston ?  Alegria ? McCann ?

I don't think so, but let's be clear, I don't know any inside info, that's just my amateur opinion. Alegria can't get in the Thistle side currently, and i've not been impressed when I've seen him play. I don't think Weston is ready to step up to our level, if he ever will be. McCann might be, but I think a loan move is more likely. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

It's also a bit hypocritical to expect them to spend more of their own cash on such things while refusing to buy Mygers, which of course is a money making exercise. The club needs every penny it can get so why not introduce a scheme that raises more cash?

I agree with this. As tough as it is to stomach. Other clubs have been doing stuff like this for years (I'm sure Arsenal for example have been doing this for 10+ years and their season/matchday tickets are far more expensive than ours). We simply cant keep complaining every time ticket prices or merchandise costs go up.