2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We were told many times that player trading was going to be a big revenue stream for us but have failed to maximise the ROI on some of our biggest assets in years. Yes I'm aware the impact COVID has had not just on us but football world wide. But i stand by this.

So far.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No one wants us to go back to the days of spending more than we have. But the reality of where we are v where our biggest rivals are financially means they can spend much more on players than us. And in turn have a much better chance of winning things than we do. This will be the case for some time if they continue to get far higher European revenue than us.  This season has been a massive own goal for us in that regard. 55 was the big one but it was supposed to be a foundation for us to build on. Not a millstone around our neck.

You're simply stating the obvious. What do you want to do about it that's practically possible and isn't simply expressing regret?

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Surely with that Gerrard and the European run we are breaking even and can use sales money to buy players. 

Breaking even isn't financial security.

38 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Just because we haven't unearthed more than 1 NP, doesn t mean we can't. Let's be selfish, let's hoover up the best Scottish players at all levels. Nothing stopping us doing that. Make it attractive for them at an early age. I advocated this approach in 2012 never happened then, but it's never to late.

We need new ideas in the boardroom. There may be things going on behind the scenes but most fans just see a board who are lurching from one embarrassment to the next.

I'm not praising any board for the "upkeep" of the stadium or the funding of the youth system, that should be a given. 

This board are behind the worst customer service in the club's history. The ticketing system is an omi-shambles, MyGers is nothing more than a money making exercise, the board have under-sold our 150 anniversary and the UBs and Hamburg have done more than them.

Our catering, whilst getting better is still terrible, you get better food and better value for money from the fans outside the stadium (lost revenue stream), the continued debacle of the disabled fan match experience is shameful, the boards reluctance to address negative press is unacceptable and their communication with fans equally so.

Since the introduction of MyGers which I refused to join and despite being on CCCS I have yet to get given a European away ticket or a ticket for a domestic semi-final or final.

RSC ticket allocation being cut by approx 25% this season meaning many clubs unable to take buses to games (mostly away games) and getting the feeling Rangers want rid of them.  

We deserve better. 

This sense of entitlement, that you expect the board to fund things like the youth system of the stadium out of their own pocket will discourage future investors. It's also a bit hypocritical to expect them to spend more of their own cash on such things while refusing to buy Mygers, which of course is a money making exercise. The club needs every penny it can get so why not introduce a scheme that raises more cash?

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

This sense of entitlement, that you expect the board to fund things like the youth system of the stadium out of their own pocket will discourage future investors. It's also a bit hypocritical to expect them to spend more of their own cash on such things while refusing to buy Mygers, which of course is a money making exercise. The club needs every penny it can get so why not introduce a scheme that raises more cash?

Sense of entitlement? A safe and fit for purpose stadium and a working youth system isn't a sense of entitlement it's a must have.

MyGers on top of season ticket, CCCS, share issues, 4 and counting new kits for the kids, most expensive tickets in the entire EL.... Where does it stop? 

It's OK to say there is a limit of board investment but no limit to what the fans are asked to invest? 

The board deserve credit for what they have done and that's been given but they are not beyond scrutiny or beyond being questioned. Nor are they above criticism.

If they are, we're back to the days of SDM regime.

Edited by CammyF

4 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Surely with that Gerrard and the European run we are breaking even and can use sales money to buy players. 

We made a loss of £17m in 19/20 season, and I'm not sure how we go from that to break-even with the Gerrard cash and a couple (?) of extra games in Europe.

We also need to look at next season's finance. If we go out early in Europe we'll be looking at another big loss and where is the cash tor that coming from?

13 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We made a loss of £17m in 19/20 season, and I'm not sure how we go from that to break-even with the Gerrard cash and a couple (?) of extra games in Europe.

We also need to look at next season's finance. If we go out early in Europe we'll be looking at another big loss and where is the cash tor that coming from?

Where does the £16M for NP fit in? 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Sense of entitlement? A safe and for for purpose stadium and a working youth system isn't a sense of entitlement it's a must have.

MyGers on top of season ticket, CCCS, share issues, 4 and counting new kits for the kids, most expensive tickets in the entire EL.... Where does it stop? 

It's OK to say there is a limit of board investment but no limit to what the fans are asked to invest? 

The board deserve credit for what they have done and that's been given but they are not behind scrutiny or beyond being questioned. Nor are they above criticism.

If they are, we're back to the days of SDM regime.

Of course they deserve scrutiny and criticism, but blindly calling for them to be replaced when there's no feasible options of replacements is more than that. If there are better options out there then I'm all in favour of bringing them in, but the ones we have currently are giving us an element of financial stability within reason, and for them to leave may mean getting external finance and then we really would be back in the SDM days. They are far from perfect, but they're better than the alternatives that I can see.

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Of course they deserve scrutiny and criticism, but blindly calling for them to be replaced when there's no feasible options of replacements is more than that. If there are better options out there then I'm all in favour of bringing them in, but the ones we have currently are giving us an element of financial stability within reason, and for them to leave may mean getting external finance and then we really would be back in the SDM days. They are far from perfect, but they're better than the alternatives that I can see.

So if they fail to improve OUR club despite a growing list of issues that are not being addressed, we just sit back and say, "acht this is the best we can get?" Surely that's not the Rangers we want or indeed need.