When I see the list of names in our squad that's written out above it's surprising just how few of them I rate. I think I'd get pelters for some of the names I'd say aren't great though to be honest.

Edited by PoohBear

16 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

When I see the list of names in our squad that's written out above it's surprising just how few of them I rate. I think I'd get pelters for some of the names I'd say aren't great though to be honest.

So poor they created records last season and have now been in later stages of EL for 3 or 4 seasons? 

Last season they played the best football I've seen from a Rangers team in decades. 

Our Euorpean record is very impressive and you don't do that with poor players. 

Edited by CammyF

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

So poor they created records last season and have now been in later stages of EL for 3 or 4 seasons? 

Last season they played the best football I've seen from a Rangers team in decades. 

Our Euorpean record is very impressive and you don't do that with poor players. 

I think Walter showed what can be done with a core of quality players. Yeah, I do thing we have a lot of mediocrity in our team, doesn't mean we cant play well.  I should really say that I think many of our players are overrated.

Edited by PoohBear

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

I think Walter showed what can be done with a core of quality players. Yeah, I do thing we have a lot of mediocrity in our team, doesn't mean we cant play well.  I should really say that I think many of our players are overrated.

Half the celtc team is utterly shite. like if they were at Dundee Utd no one would notice them shite. 

But they are well coached and successful. 

5 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think there be a lot more of those players leaving than you seem to suggest.

anyone who’s contract is up will be moved on.

anyone going into their final year of their contract will be moved on ( or will try to move on to get some sort of a fee) except maybe Morelos 

I think he'll be the first to be moved on since he will not sign a new contract and is the most valuable player we have. Followed closely by Kent, our second most valuable player. If we can get £25m for the pair, that's the transfer kitty for next season right there.  I'd like to think we could get another few £m combined for Barisic, Kamara, Wright, Simpson etc.  However, my fear is that Ross's player trading model is to chase the easy bucks by selling our next gen talent e.g. Lowry. 

13 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I think he'll be the first to be moved on since he will not sign a new contract and is the most valuable player we have. Followed closely by Kent, our second most valuable player. If we can get £25m for the pair, that's the transfer kitty for next season right there.  I'd like to think we could get another few £m combined for Barisic, Kamara, Wright, Simpson etc.  However, my fear is that Ross's player trading model is to chase the easy bucks by selling our next gen talent e.g. Lowry. 

We will be lucky to get our money back on Kent, dont think we will get much over 10 million for Morelos and Aribo each  given contract situations. Dont think they board will give the manager much of it to spend either. Next season will be a team of bosmans and loans.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

13 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

However, my fear is that Ross's player trading model is to chase the easy bucks by selling our next gen talent e.g. Lowry. 

Thats where the big bucks are for us if we can get young guys into the team playing well in europe and the national team we will get money. However i fear with 1 year left Lowry is already looking at options elsewhere and who can blame him.

12 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We will be lucky to get our money back on Kent, dont think we will get much over 10 million for Morelos and Aribo each  given contract situations. Dont think they board will give the manager much of it to spend either. Next season will be a team of bosmans and loans.

Nothing wrong with Bosmans & loans if you know what you’re doing 

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Agree but given the major rebuild we have ahead of us its a massive ask. 

When building a team I’d always follow the SAF approach:-

1) go out & get the best goalkeeper you can get who will gain points & not cost you games

2) check any player’s attendance record before signing him

Recently we’ve seen McGregor cost us lots of points but doesn’t get dropped. And signing Souttar & Ramsey(on loan) puts a big question  mark at 2)