On 26/05/2022 at 13:27, ChelseaBoy said:

I believe that was included in the requirements each set of bidders had to account for.

The purchase of significant tracts of land including the Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions will allow scope for developing one end of the ground at a time, while still playing. The new West Stand is fine, the old East and two ends will be rebuilt one at a time to conform with the West Stand as per Liverpool and Newcastle upbuilds.

This will cost a fraction of Spurs and mean the railway line which runs behind the ground will not need to be moved reducing cost. No Chelsea fan would swap either Spurs, Arsenals or the West Ham athletic stadium for the last 25 or so years... inc the 5 before Abramovich's arrival where Viallis and Gullits teams started wining. 

hahahahahah - away to fuck man.  Every single one of those stadia literally piss all over Stamford Bridge.  Absolutely no chance Chelsea fans would rather stay in the flats theyre in than be in the New White Hart Lane, Emirates or London stadium - absolutely no chance !

On 26/05/2022 at 13:27, ChelseaBoy said:

I believe that was included in the requirements each set of bidders had to account for.

The purchase of significant tracts of land including the Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions will allow scope for developing one end of the ground at a time, while still playing. The new West Stand is fine, the old East and two ends will be rebuilt one at a time to conform with the West Stand as per Liverpool and Newcastle upbuilds.

This will cost a fraction of Spurs and mean the railway line which runs behind the ground will not need to be moved reducing cost. No Chelsea fan would swap either Spurs, Arsenals or the West Ham athletic stadium for the last 25 or so years... inc the 5 before Abramovich's arrival where Viallis and Gullits teams started wining. 

Because they swapped a home for wins.  How is that working out for them just now ?

Looking at the current playing squad, the issues with ownership and the stadium requirements, it would take a dedicated blind eye to see anything other than a downward trajectory for Chelsea over the next handful of seasons. They should stay top six or thereabouts but it might be  a while before they routinely achieve CL qualification. There are plenty of other examples to point the way, the trick will be to not fall too far.

24 minutes ago, craig said:

Stamford Bridge might very well be the worst stadium in the top half of the EPL.  It is literally a shithole

What's so bad about it (that's a genuine question, as I've never been)?

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Any time I've been, and it's been a while, I've found Stamford Bridge to be old and dated. I loved the old Bridge with the Shed and the seats, created some atmosphere. But I can say the same about other grounds Pre-EL seated stadium -  Maine Road, Goodision, Highbury, Upton Park etc. 

Last time I was at the Bridge I was in "main stand" and whilst the facilities (food / drink etc) were good, the access to and from seat and the view was poor. I was also surrounded by "tourist fans" which isn't unique to The Bridge. 

I've Rangers in a few of the new grounds in England  - Arsenal, Newcastle, Man U  and would say Emarites was best for away fans - lost of leg room and comfy seats as I was at the back row, a great view.

Newcastle was strange as we got the home end it looked the worst stand in the ground! But great view and decent facilities. 

All just my opinion off course 😀

Edited by CammyF

On 29/05/2022 at 12:43, craig said:

Because they swapped a home for wins.  How is that working out for them just now ?

Two finals only beaten on penalties, 3rd place and a CL QF, i'd say most fans accept this given the problems the club have had. The new owners seem fine and i doubt there will be much difference going forward.

On 29/05/2022 at 13:04, Gonzo79 said:

It's been built at different times giving a disjointed feel. Now the club have purchased several of the buildings adjacent to the ground, expansion/modernisation is made easier than ever before, plus the club will not have to move while development is underway if done in sections, avoiding a massive cost. 

On 29/05/2022 at 12:49, Bill said:

Looking at the current playing squad, the issues with ownership and the stadium requirements, it would take a dedicated blind eye to see anything other than a downward trajectory for Chelsea over the next handful of seasons. They should stay top six or thereabouts but it might be  a while before they routinely achieve CL qualification. There are plenty of other examples to point the way, the trick will be to not fall too far.

Can't see it, and i see well with both eyes :) 

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Can't see it, and i see well with both eyes :) 

I'm sure fans of Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool all said the same in the past. Time will tell but in that league once you lose momentum ....