10 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Exactly my point. If he had said, 'Yes, absolutely, we have enough quality blah blah',  but he didn't he said  'well, we have to' which exudes uncertainty and 'it is what it is' - so to me, he has no confidence and that's reflected in his bazaar selection and substitutions. Sorry, but what the fuck did we spend £2m on Ramsey loan for??  It makes my blood boil. 

Yes, and both he and Davis were good enough for international football last week but didn't feature in Gio's subs. Jack looked disgusted when subbed. Gio's sub use is becoming as unimaginative as Gerrard's.

1 - 0 last night is an ok result. Unfortunately this team like to play on the break, we are struggling for goals and haven't looked great chasing down deficits for a long time. 

We are still though very much in the tie. 

Also extra time seems quite likely pre the cup semi. 

For me we should rest as many players as possible this Sunday unless celtc lose. 

10 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

There is something odd about the Davis situation. 

There seems to be for sure. We do have to consider he is 37. 

Maybe the more he lays the more he costs. 

Anyway i would play him on sunday for sure. 

Still at a loss why we keep playing Aribo either from the start or as sub. He looks so far off his form, pace and all, it is almost frightening. Not laying into him, more feeling for him. At the same time, you want players on the park on the top of their game. Ramsey and Davis (who was injured a wee while back) are both playing for their country and are well able to play in that creative role, but we don`t use them. Perhaps all about tactics last night, but as soon as we started to press Braga later on, they looked in disarray - similarly to us when defending a slender lead.

Sakala right now looks best used on the right side of attack, if anything his pace often carries him close to the area and byline and draws defenders near him. We do need a striker (or two) in the middle though. Hence, I`d always play Roofe and Ramsey (who likes to run into free spaces) plus maybe Arfield. Kent, Kamara, Aribo do play football, but are either far to hesitant or far too wayward in their shooting. If we want to get anything out of this season, we need to play "strikers" or goalscoring attackers.

For all his frustrations et al, I`d instantly replace Goldson with Helander on Sunday. We`ve come a long way from last season`s heroics and maybe that was his shot at glory. But Sunday and yesterday showed again, that his passing and crossing ability has sunk to a dangerously low level - for a Rangers defender. How many times he and Jack "cleared"/passed the ball to a opponent - under near to no pressure was beyond belief.

Games come quick and fast now, and while I can see us scoring goals against this team, I am still wary of our current defensive abilities.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

So Sundays team lets see what we can do with players who need game time and a rest considered. 

McLaughlan

Polish RB

Simpson

Bassey

Barasic

Davis

Kamara

Arfield/Ramsey/Aribo

Diallo 

Roofe

Wright

That's a team you play when the league is officially over.