Club1872 purchase some of Dave King's shares

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Assuming this isn’t just an alternative to collecting stamps, surely there was a purpose to it. 

Off course there was a purpose, it was "fan representation" on the board.

Great in theory, horrendous for in practice especially where we are concerned.

50 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Off course there was a purpose, it was "fan representation" on the board.

Great in theory, horrendous for in practice especially where we are concerned.

Isn't that what I said? I thought it was.

Maybe club 1872could have used their funds to help loyal fans pay the difference between this year's season tickets and next year's  just a thought 

Edited by compo

• Frankie changed the title to Club1872 purchase some of Dave King's shares

I would have thought, especially given the issues that led to the EGM at C1872, that they would have consulted members on this purchase.  I've no doubt they have the authority for this within their constitution, but seems like a missed opportunity to engage the membership on what is a significant spend. 

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

But if they can't buy shares that will then fund the club, they shouldn't buy shares?

They should wait until shares are available. If i's 6 months or 12 months time, what does it really matter. The club should take priority.

They are buying shares from a man who (along with Park etc) saved the club. It's not as if they are buying them from Ashley. 

They are buying them from a third party and the purchase doesn't benefit the club. You were calling for Park to go last week and now you're wanting the supporters' cash to reimburse them?

They and King made no secret of this, King also made no secret of wanting his money back - don't think we can have any issues on that front. 

Who'd you prefer King sold his shares to?

I don't think King will find a buyer for his shares, other than from an organisation run by his placemen. King only started wanting his cash back once he had left the club. He never made any mention of it before that.

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I would have thought, especially given the issues that led to the EGM at C1872, that they would have consulted members on this purchase.  I've no doubt they have the authority for this within their constitution, but seems like a missed opportunity to engage the membership on what is a significant spend. 

They wouldn't dare putting who they should buy shares form to a vote as we all know what the result would be, so they don't.

21 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

They wouldn't dare putting who they should buy shares form to a vote as we all know what the result would be, so they don't.

Agree that would be the danger, but in a member organisation, thems the breaks I would argue.  

I cancelled my legacy subscription and have scaled back my monthly subs to the £5 minimum.  I wont revert until I see meaningful change, and sadly that looks way off.  I don't want to end up cancelling altogether but I may be left with no choice.

13 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Agree that would be the danger, but in a member organisation, thems the breaks I would argue.  

I cancelled my legacy subscription and have scaled back my monthly subs to the £5 minimum.  I wont revert until I see meaningful change, and sadly that looks way off.  I don't want to end up cancelling altogether but I may be left with no choice.

I am going to do this too. It's clear they are working to help Dave King not Rangers.