Club1872 purchase some of Dave King's shares

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Why wait?

At the risk of repeating myself, because it benefits the club.  The club is short of cash and desperately needs every penny it can get.

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

The club should take priority but if they can't buy shares from the club, they have the right to buy them from whomever is selling them.

Do you not have any concerns about the conflict of interest that the C1872 board (including shadow director) appear to have in this issue? Is it not correct to raise concerns that the C1872 board previously claimed that hey were unable to purchase shares from the club, despite the club offering them the opportunity, and the only reason that they did buy shares from the club was that they were publicly shamed into doing it? How can the C1872 members possibly trust that there is currently not the chance to put the cash into Rangers itself?

The club has had 17 allotments of shares over the past 18 months. there's nothing to suggest that they wouldn't welcome this cash into the club.

But then again, I wasn't given a high paying job in Rangers in the past, so perhaps I'm looking at it differently from those making the decisions as to where the cash should go.

12 hours ago, CammyF said:

A lot of hyperbole around Club1872, it's "mission", it's strategy, 

Its objects include "to support and enhance the aspirations of Rangers supporters and followers for the well-being of the Club and its footballing success." Is giving cash to King rather than the club in line with that object?

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

A lot of hyperbole around Club1872, it's "mission", it's strategy, those who run it, especially from fans who aren't members. 

I guess that's partly aimed at me but I'm personally a member and this website is also a member.

17 hours ago, Bill said:

Isn’t that what share issues are supposed to be for? I’ve always favoured individual supporters buying shares in their own name with their own money … and voting as they choose at an AGM. There has never actually been any need for an intermediary like Club1872. Fans owning shares IS fan ownership, Club1872 is just bollocks and froth to give certain people a sense of self-importance. 

yeah but you are rich and can afford lump sums. 

some people need a way to put in a little every month. 

also share issues are rare below the million quid per person mark. 

40 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think that's absolutely fair but in terms of what it offers, its subscription based model and the current perception it has amongst the support its contributors/members will likely only decrease from here on in. 

I'm very thankful to Dave King for everything he has done for the club but its time for him to disappear now and let the guys who want to be there run it. No idea what the fall out was between him and Park but don't really care. If King really wanted to be in charge at Rangers i believe he still would be.

Agree 100% 

30 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

At the risk of repeating myself, because it benefits the club.  The club is short of cash and desperately needs every penny it can get.

Do you not have any concerns about the conflict of interest that the C1872 board (including shadow director) appear to have in this issue? Is it not correct to raise concerns that the C1872 board previously claimed that hey were unable to purchase shares from the club, despite the club offering them the opportunity, and the only reason that they did buy shares from the club was that they were publicly shamed into doing it? How can the C1872 members possibly trust that there is currently not the chance to put the cash into Rangers itself?

The club has had 17 allotments of shares over the past 18 months. there's nothing to suggest that they wouldn't welcome this cash into the club.

But then again, I wasn't given a high paying job in Rangers in the past, so perhaps I'm looking at it differently from those making the decisions as to where the cash should go.

Its objects include "to support and enhance the aspirations of Rangers supporters and followers for the well-being of the Club and its footballing success." Is giving cash to King rather than the club in line with that object?

I guess that's partly aimed at me but I'm personally a member and this website is also a member.

Wasn't aimed at you in anyway - if you are a member then you are correct to raise any issue with Club1872 that you see fit. No issues with that. 

I am a lapsed member, the reasons for that are not for this thread.

Have you raised your concerns with the Club1872 board? 

There is obviously a "fall out" between King and Park (or maybe King and Park Jnr) and it's getting played out in public (and using their "allies" within the support) to get fans to "take sides".

All of this to the detriment of the club and us the fans. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Have you raised your concerns with the Club1872 board? 

There is obviously a "fall out" between King and Park (or maybe King and Park Jnr) and it's getting played out in public (and using their "allies" within the support) to get fans to "take sides".

All of this to the detriment of the club and us the fans. 

No, mate. I've seen plenty of others raise their concerns, including the guys who failed in their attempt to get a board place.

Rather than take their concerns on board and adopt a conciliatory approach, the current board just seem to double down. Most member votes are just a yes or no, and not either/or, so we're not given a proper say and it's a waste of time to raise concerns. 

You're correct about the King v Park battle, but for me it's largely one-sided. Park is still here and while some may doubt his/their ability to take us further, I don't doubt that he has only the club's best interests at heart, and the major issues are all priorities of where to spend the limited cash that they have available. King invested his cash in the past and deserves gratitude for that but anything that he now says appears to be self-serving.

24 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

No, mate. I've seen plenty of others raise their concerns, including the guys who failed in their attempt to get a board place.

Rather than take their concerns on board and adopt a conciliatory approach, the current board just seem to double down. Most member votes are just a yes or no, and not either/or, so we're not given a proper say and it's a waste of time to raise concerns. 

You're correct about the King v Park battle, but for me it's largely one-sided. Park is still here and while some may doubt his/their ability to take us further, I don't doubt that he has only the club's best interests at heart, and the major issues are all priorities of where to spend the limited cash that they have available. King invested his cash in the past and deserves gratitude for that but anything that he now says appears to be self-serving.

I was surprised when those who forced a vote for board places failed in their attempt. I was sceptal about their motivation at the time (still am) but something needs to change within Club1872 to re-engage with the wider fan base. 

Maybe after the last dozen or so years, with all the scars we have, it's hard to completely trust anyone on the board or running organisations like Club1872.

Personally I've came to the conclusion that fan ownership and / or involvement on the board is a great idea but in practice, especially at our club, doomed to failure. 

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

This.

I considered investing in the last share issue but it had a minimum buy in of £500. Considering your shares are likely to decrease in value its a lot to ask fans for. A share issue witha minimum buy in of £100 would have been more successful IMO. I would certainly have subscribed

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

some people need a way to put in a little every month. 

also share issues are rare below the million quid per person mark. 

It's flattering that you think I could fork out a million quid to buy shares but anyone can set aside the same amount they currently give to Club1872 and use it to buy shares themselves whenever a new issue comes along. As I have done on several occasions over the years. 

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's flattering that you think I could fork out a million quid to buy shares but anyone can set aside the same amount they currently give to Club1872 and use it to buy shares themselves whenever a new issue comes along. As I have done on several occasions over the years. 

or the club could set something up as I suggest and get the money in as we go along. 

Personally I would say preferable and more likely to succeed than getting people to sit on money that may or money never be accepted. 

Via club 1872 I was able to put money into rangers that simply wouldn't have gone in any other way. 

I accept the need for an alternative now to giving it to Dave King but the club need to offer that. I also agree it would be better if it was in your own name as you say, certainly as things stand. 

Edited by the gunslinger

23 hours ago, CammyF said:

I was sceptal about their motivation at the time (still am) but something needs to change within Club1872 to re-engage with the wider fan base. 

One of the main drivers was Hillheadbear and while I don't know him personally, I've no doubt that his motivation was totally genuine. I've followed him on FF for many years and would be an asset to the organisation. I know one of the others but don't have a clue as to his motivation.

21 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

or the club could set something up as I suggest and get the money in as we go along. 

Personally I would say preferable and more likely to succeed than getting people to sit on money that may or money never be accepted. 

Via club 1872 I was able to put money into rangers that simply wouldn't have gone in any other way. 

I accept the need for an alternative now to giving it to Dave King but the club need to offer that. I also agree it would be better if it was in your own name as you say, certainly as things stand. 

There are legal reasons why the club can't do that.